Addleshaw Goddard

Addleshaw Goddard Employee Reviews

I was made redundant after 10 years enjoyed my time there. Fast paced and very corporate. Great team building and training given.
Overall a great job.
Great for first role
Great for a first job if your young
A paralegal is an individual who is employed or retained by a lawyer, law office, corporation, governmental agency, or other entity and who performs specifically delegated substantive legal work for which a lawyer is responsible. Paralegals perform tasks requiring knowledge of the law and legal procedures.
Pros
Subsidized lunch
Cons
poor progression
negative environment
It's very hard to fit in as a new starter here, especially as a PA. I came across some really unpleasant behavior. Not worth it for the poor salary. Would avoid.
General PA role
General role and office environment. Isolated teams and not a lot of integration. General systems and expected tasks. Options to join various committees within the firm.
Terrible place to work
I worked here for around 14 months and it was the most miserable 14 months of my life. Terrible management, no clear path for progression and a poor working culture, with some really awful colleagues (the stab you in the back type). I couldn't advise people to avoid this company more.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, environment and culture
Lots of opportunity to progress and learn. Great clients and skilled lawyers. Work is challenging and the culture of the firm is great. Staff are very approachable.
Pros
Good quality of work
Cons
Cafe is expensive.
Solicitor working in London
I work as a remote solicitor for various London firms that are now offering flexible working. The work is varied and exciting and the opportunities are endless!
Warm and friendly
I interned here in my second year of sixth form. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and how friendly everyone was.
Everyone was attentive and always there to help.
Fun workplace
This work placement was very beneficial as it allowed me to develop key skills such as problem solving and communication. As well as this, I was able to carry out office work such as photocopying, scanning etc.
Pros
Free lunch
Good, but boring
the team is generally ok, but the career advancement stinks. Management is poor and very finance driven. Management is thinly spread across a really big team and the work is really repetitive. Wage raises are poor and pointless.
Pros
parties
Cons
lack of advancement
Dreadful firm
Worked there a few years ago in London. HR are unprofessional and so is the way the company is run. Manchester may be an improvement but u doubt it!
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional
support
fun workplace and on a typical day i just like to relax a bit with my colleagues,i learnt to treat others how you wish to be my co workers are a very good influence free food
Productive and Fun Workplace
Throughout my work experiences I learnt many key skills such as interacting with others, being confident, ability to work with people from different backgrounds and age groups and much more.

• Preparing and summarising documents

• Working on case within a team

• Helping members of department by carrying out research task

• Group presentation of a case and client advice to supervisors
Pros
Really easy going and helpful staff
Cons
The internship only lasted for one week
Relaxed work environment, lovely work colleagues
Day to day running of the purchase side of accounts, inputting invoices, generating cheque runs, dealing with supplier phone calls, inputting partner expenses and arranging payments, supplier statement rconciliation and requesting any invoices that were not in the system, entering counsel fees.

The management were very helpful and easy to approach with any problems. My co workers were lovely and all the different teams got on really well and were always ready to help in other departments if needed.

The most enjoyable part of my job was entering invoices and partner expenses.

The hardest part of the job was counsellor fees due to the way the invoices were submitted, we had to be careful we didnt enter the full invoice in case it had previously been entered so the full account had to be checked before we could enter anything from a new invoice, which could sometimes be time consuming.
Pros
a relaxed environment to work in
TST Team Summary
Responsibilities:
Liaising with other internal departments.

Typing correspondences from solicitors and fee earners.

Photocopying and scanning documents.
Pros
variation of work
Cons
pay very low
Work Experience
A good week in which i was required to partake in various chores and tasks reminiscent of a lawyer's normal working week.
Pros
good ambient
Cons
only a 1 week placement
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Addleshaw Goddard. Our community is ready to answer.