Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews

Productivity
Principal Engineer / Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 18, 2018
It was over 20 years ago so the working atmosphere and culture was quite different than what it is nowadays so it is difficult to assess. Overall it was a good experience but compared to other companies, they can do better.
hay trabajos peores
Moto Agente (Former Employee) –  León, Gto.February 17, 2018
la verdad no me quejo tanto pero si deberian de cambiar muchos aspectos como el sueldo uniformes y demas
Pros
herramienta
Cons
horario y sueldo
Ok.
I.C. LAYOUT DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Provide details about why you liked or disliked working at the company: The best part of motorola was living in Austin.
Productive workspace with lots of opportunities
Data Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Research oriented work with lots of technologies to work with. The workplace culture is very warm and everyone helps each other to get things going in a fast pace.
Great job
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 13, 2018
This was my first warehouse job and I loved it until it moved to another state . If they ever come back to Texas I'll go back to them to work in that area.
Professional
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 13, 2018
The entire atmosphere was great from the supervisors down to the employees. They made me feel comfortable and the process to get the job was very smooth.
fun and productive place to work
Admin Assistant - Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 12, 2018
This was a great place to work. I was given a lot of control and the opportunity to make executive decisions without repercussion. I would open locked offices turn on computers and print out the daily meeting schedule for each officer or Director. My day was busy with filing and phone screening, together with travel arrangements.
Pros
Friendly, benefits
Cons
Moving to another location
et company before selloff
Director/Senior Operations Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
The company was a 40 billion dollar company when they bought out the company I was with.

They started selling off the company at that time.
It is down to a 5 Billion co. now and has sold off most of the co.

It was like a small Federal government. Need to many large groups to make decisions. Therefore things took to long even at the lower levels, and cost too much.
Pros
technically advanced co with many challenges
Cons
decisions too high in the structure, Frustrating, too many layoffs
Rough getting through the constant layoffs
Senior Logistics/Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Holtsville, NYFebruary 12, 2018
The hardest part of the job was the Stress and getting through all the layoffs.
Enjoyed the manager I had - he was offsite and did not "babysit" my every move.
Pros
Manager
Cons
Layoffs
Excellent place to work
IT PROF ARCHITECT (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 9, 2018
Motorola has been real good to me. They paid for my masters degree which I completed while working there. Over all, it is an excellent place for work.
Pros
Free coffee / snacks
Cons
healthcare plans is not so great

Want to know more about Motorola Solutions?

Ask a question
Environement de travail productif et chaleureux
Technicien (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QCFebruary 9, 2018
Prendre en charge les documents de clients a faire dans la journee
Rencontre les clients , resoudre les problemmes si posible , ou prendre conaissance des problemmes pour trouve une solution plus tard
Retour au bureau a la fin de journee et faire les rapport necessaires.
Pros
aprendre des nouvelle chose a toutes les jour
Cons
Beaucoup de temps suplimentaire
Good Carrier
Especialist manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 7, 2018
I have to mention that working for Motorola i earned a lots confidence. Lots of trainings,achivements and good team work.Also good managements and opportunities.
Pros
Wafer fabs are osome
Cons
nothing to say
Good Company to Work For
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 5, 2018
Great benefits and compensation. Depending on the department, working from home is allowed. There is diversity and a work culture of respect.

Not all managers were management material or leaders. Too many changes with departments merging, breaking apart, re-organizations.
Relax and laid back environment
Holtsville, NY, Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Holtsville, NYFebruary 2, 2018
Challenging commute. Had to take the LIRR from Brooklyn to work. Getting to work always seems to worth it. Great managers and staff. Love the open environment. Fresh air all day everyday.
Pros
Love the workplace. Free eats all the time. From outdoor BBQ to fresh eggnog at Christmas
Cons
My only con. Location was too far
I loved the work culture and an open door policies
DATA ENGINEERING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2018
Motorola Solutions treated me welcomed and gave me a challenging projects to work with. The people at MSI are welcoming and ready to help you when you need them. I really liked working for Motorola Solutions, Inc and would love to go back for a full-time position.
highly professional Project Management group
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 31, 2018
Exposure to 6 sigma Project Management added to my exposure to PMP Project Management. Friendly and collaborative group of professionals creating new radio products. Excellent exposure to failure analysis, agency requirements, production of user manuals and repair manuals. Design to manufacturing process of charging systems for portable radio units. Working with engineers and manufacturers both local and foreign to produce products that pass extensive and rigorous testing requirements. Best part of working at Motorola was the environment that encouraged learning. Worst part was the ending of my contract, wish I could still work there.
Pros
Encouraging enviornment
Cons
contract
Excellent learnings and deployment
Software Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, IndiaJanuary 31, 2018
Motorola is a good organisation to learn many things and will receive lot of support to practice the learnings effectively in the day to day works.

Customer Satisfcation is the key in all services / Product elivered by.Motorola.
Pros
Positive encouragement towards employee initiatives
Cons
low pay compared to market.
Productive Enjoyable workplace
Principal Staff Engineer - Video Surveillance (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 29, 2018
Self starters will enjoy the freedom to work your way, provided you are able to keep deliverables on target.

Very fast paced environment with a lot of emerging technologies and many projects running simultaneously.
again
Industrial Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 29, 2018
well it is almost time to stop. i am still tired of doing this again and again. will i have the car and the horse is all i know it to be a good person
Very good company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 28, 2018
Good company that paid for my Master's and facilitated advancement from mechanical to systems engineering. Best part of my job is getting to work with planes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motorola Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.