Interserve

Interserve Employee Reviews

Great work place
Caretaker-grounds person (Current Employee), creweJuly 14, 2015
I have worked at Interserve for 4 years and have learnt a lot of new skills.

my main skills are team worker, hardworking and reliable.
Mentality of "squeezing" even when every last drop has been squeezed.
Catering and Faciluities Manager (Current Employee), Bristol, ENGJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Its a job pays mortgage
Cons: How long have you got!!!!!!!!!
Days start early, sometimes finish late, never take any breaks, lunch if I have such is "on the go". Complete lack of investment. ALWAYS thinking about bottom line, with seemingly not much thought to much else. Highlighted at a recent presentation in which the CEO started out by saying profits were insufficient and that this should form the basis of all future thinking. Not even a curt "hi guys hope you are all ok" no pitched straight in. Does not garner my support.
Hourly paid Mobile Area Supervisor for Commercial Retail
Mobile Area Supervisor (Former Employee), West MidlandsJuly 13, 2015
Pros: contract overload results in burnout
Cons: long hours
As a Mobile Area Supervisor I was supervising a large portfolio of retail business for West Midlands and would communicate with cleaners and line manger daily to ensure that cleaners were working towards cleaning spec. If cleaners did not turn up for clean I would have to investigate and report back to line manager so call logs could be closed. I was also responsible for recruiting cleaners and covering cleans if no cleaners were available.
When cleaners wages were incorrect they can never be put right until months later.
Really great and friendly enviroment.
Kitchen Assistant and Barista (Former Employee), Leicester, ENG, LRI.July 8, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches.
Cons: there were none as it was quite enjoyable there.
I learned a lot there and it was easy to understand as the staff were all friendly and helped whenever I needed it. The managers were really nice and they made sure that I fitted in comfortably with everyone else. The whole week I spent there was enjoyable and I would definitely recommend interserve to friends and family.
Not a nice place to work
Customer Engagement Officer (Former Employee), Customer Engagement OfficerJuly 3, 2015
I was not given the job role I was promised in the interview, management were not capable of the job role. The only important thing were targets, targets, targets !!!! My co-workers were not nice !!! certain individuals were trying to steal one another targets. I wish for no one to work for SEETEC.
Poor management
Healthcare Cleaner (Former Employee), Leicester, ENGJune 25, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Poor management lack of oppurtunities no chance to better yourself
Worked as part of LLR contract as cleaner/caterer since change to work practice no sufficient time to properly clean wards management uninterested in dealing with problems issues,unproffessional two faced and prone to buck passing.Lack of general equipment to carry out jobs.Confused or conflicting work practices.
lack of communications
Supervisor (Former Employee), Louth, ENGJune 18, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: managment
They make you do the nasty work dont pay you correctly send you letter after letter but then dont get in contact when you respond. they send rumours around the work place but they dont like when ACAS get invloved.
Cleaner
cleaner/Caretaker (Current Employee), Downpatrick, NIRJune 7, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Only a number
Worked as a cleaner for this company in n.ireland. Company make own rules up as they go along. Management were poor. Not experienced in this field, sacked people as they pleased. Beware. Your only a number.
whould not recoment any body to work for interserve
Cleaner/Supervisor (Current Employee), Edinburgh, SCTJune 5, 2015
Pros: nothing good about the job
Cons: long hours
bad experience with staff management is rely bad along with supervisors bulling staff and the management doing nothing about it at all
Overall seemed to be a promising company to work for with good ideas
Catering assistant/housekeeper (Former Employee), The Newsam Centre, Seacroft Hospital, LeedsJune 5, 2015
I wasnt with them for very long i was actually employed by Accent Group. Interserve had started taking over the company shortly before i left for maternity leave. But from what i did hear off them seemed pretty good
loved my job
area support manager (Former Employee), north eastJune 4, 2015
Pros: Great company
Cons: one poor excuse of a manager
I worked for interserve for 10 year and loved it I was a area support manager until they lost the tender to a really poorly run company the only issue I had with it at all was one regional manager who was a butt kisser and when things got hard he blames everyone else to keep him looking good the other bosses were a great bunch must admit I miss my role with interserve and one day hope to get it back
an ok overall company to work for
security officer on a contract (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 3, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: 12 hour night shifts
hardest part was staying awake for 12 hours a night but pay was good. making sure site was secure and checking id's of people entering site.
I loved the place I worked . would never of let
supervisor (Former Employee), newcastle upon TyneMay 27, 2015
I worked as a supervisor for 17 years until interserve came &took over they gave 2months notice because they knew we were not in a union they got away with everything I worked full time. they said 15 hours are out,others also got offered 12 &15 hours but what made me upset after they made people redundant they gave people over time because they couldn't get the work done.they half the hours but – more... want the same work done no wonder places are dirty .cleanING should mean clean.the toilet in the building are dirty &smell because the lack of time &cheap stuff they give you to use.they still need to give me money they won't pay up I have never worked for a company like this ever becareful check your hours all the time !!!!
I asked for my cosh &other certificate I should have for training other as I had to train people on a big carpet machine, buffers all cleaning equipment &skips & they won't give me any of my certificate I wanted to start my own business but until interserve give me this I I'm stuck so if anyone can make intersever give me my certificates I would be very grateful .&by the way I was promised a supervisor rate since April .I never got a penny .they don't care. – less
Productive And fun work place.
Cleaner (Current Employee), Great Yarmouth, ENGMay 27, 2015
Great company to work for management are great and if there's ever any problems HR are always happy to help. Interserve has given me a chance to gain great experience in cleaning with use of high quality machines on a daily basis aswell as just general day to day cleaning duties.
Constantly evolving business
Finance Manager (Current Employee), West BromwichMay 26, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Work life balance at times
Interserve has a lot of good people working there and I have learned a lot since being there and added some really good skills to my CV.

Most days are busy and never short of anything to do.

As with most jobs there are challenging times but overall OK.
Poorly run company
Site Manager (Current Employee), Wakefield, ENGMay 18, 2015
Pros: Local
Cons: Bad place to work
Limited policies and proceedures, blame culture rife.not enough staff of the right calibre to make a diffference.
Run by Managers that do not know the business they are managing and therefore making basic errors with the client.
rubbish supervisor
cleaner (Current Employee), Colchester, ENGApril 30, 2015
interserve never paid me they still owe me money now,supervisor was never there she wanted me to work on machines i wasnt trained on broke every health and saftey law going complete waste of time
Lack of proper management at work
Station cleaning operatives (Current Employee), London, ENGApril 17, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: slow job advancement, lack of employment welfare
1) my co-workers are very helpful and friendly.
2) unprofessional or unfair treatment of supervisor's behaviour
3) job rotation & Overtime allocation are very bias
4) Salary is good
5) malpractice of company's inventories by a group of people
6) company does not provide useful contact information to the staff in case of grievance
fun workplace
Cleaning Operative , Cleanroom Assistant (Current Employee), sunderlandApril 13, 2015
There is very positive environment. Helpful and polite people. Enjoy work there and learn new stuff every day. Respect co-workers always being on time and present for a staff meeting. Reserve sick days only for actual sickness not for personal reasons. Be at work 5 minutes early rather than arriving at starting time.
Great for experience. Horrible Organisation & Management.
HR Administrator (Former Employee), West BromwichApril 5, 2015
Pros: On site parking. Near a town centre.
Cons: Pay and Management
I was grateful to Interserve for giving me the chance to progress into HR with no prior experience. However I couldn't dream of being a long serving employee.

Management are very distant and treat you like nothing. They easily walk past you for weeks without a greeting.

They are not supportive of career development, many times they have refused employees the option to readjust hours for studying purposes.

You are treated like children, spoken down to and unappreciated.

Very unorganised. No great prospects of career development.

Pay is very low. It would be a great financial risk to settle for this position when other employers pay a minimum of 5.5k more than interserve's starting salary for this position.

1 2 3 4 5