Interserve

Interserve Employer Reviews

Laborer/Operator (Former Employee), Belvidere, ILMarch 25, 2015
At interserve I was a Screen Print Operator. I learned to run and manage the print machine for warehouse parts. A typical day at work was to manage and maintain the machine inspect parts and send them over to inventory. The production and main area of the companies production was centered around the operators.
good
scaffolder (Former Employee), Runcorn, ENGMarch 20, 2015
I been a scaffolder for 25 years.I have been on many projects as ascaffolder and a ganger were I was responsible for keeping the job running smoothly.
Not what expected or promised
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), SunderlandMarch 16, 2015
Was promised it would be good busy days working on a forklift but when actually there it was like no one expected us there so work tasks were few and far between.
underpaid
Cleaner (Former Employee), Cambridge, ENGMarch 12, 2015
During my time at interseve, I had no personal life.
The shifts I had agreed to were different to the shifts I was doing.
On a Sunday morning I would leave my house at 2am to walk there by 3am on £5 an hour.
busy/active
Cleaner (Former Employee), Home base,Station Road,Sutton In AshfieldMarch 5, 2015
Cons: working at the weekends
I ended up working on my own,for 6 weeks.,
The other cleaner was off sick,she had shown me how to use to Hako scrubber/dryer for cleaning the shop floor.which i used all on my own,
I learned I can do a job well,even if I am doing it on my own,when the job required 2 people.
Nice workplace, Terrible Management
Catering assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: hard work
The job was ok but they never payed on time.
My co-workers were really nice people.
I loved the view from the office.
My manager was horrible
Good Experience
Gateman (Former Employee), North Shields, ENGFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: paid travel and lunch expenses
It was a good experience working for Interserve, going from a background in Retail to working in a construction environment. The only downside was there was no job security, once the work slowed down alot of people were let go.
challenging
cleaner (Former Employee), whitley bayFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: over times
Cons: failing the cleanliness audit report
working at Interserve creates the culture of working with the company instead of working for the company. it is such a good motivational drive.
nice company to work for
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee), Winchester, ENGFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: worked with another person who i new, people were friendly and near to where i live in winchester
i done a 30 hour month ie: 15 hours per week (3hours a day). at a medical centre which i worked there for two years until the people moved to another buliding but another cleaning company was going to clean there which was a bit diappointing as we got on with the people who worked there.
Productive workplace
Operator (Former Employee), Port Talbot, WLSFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: dangerous
General maintenance on a day to day basis.
Typical day at work, good relaxed environment in a potentially very dangerous workplace.
Its okay to work at
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee), Ammanford, WLSFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: the store isn't far from my house.
Cons: not enough pay. not enough hours
A typical day is Cleaning the store within the hours required. I have learned about keeping up to dates with my delivery of stock and what chemicals you use for certain places. My management changes without me knowing sometimes. I get a long with my bosses but i get along more with the people who work in Argos in Ammanford. The hardest part of my job is cleaning with not enough cleaning products. What i enjoy the most is chatting with the staff in Argos, they are friendly people and make me feel welcomed.
good fun work place
Cleaner (Former Employee), tower londonFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: too much glases for wash
cleaning in offices,toilets,kitchens,and pass the hoova

i have learned there how to clean all the offices,kitchen and tables properly included office desks
Intresting and fun
Plater (Former Employee), RuncornJanuary 31, 2015
You always had a task at hand.
That standards of fabrication from abroad are not as good then from here. if you buy cheap you get cheap.
The lads on the job where 1st class.
The hardest part of the job was moving from 1 level to another, no lift.
The people I worked with.
Relaxed working schedule
QSHE Advisor (Scotland and Ireland) (Current Employee), Glasgow, SCTJanuary 28, 2015
QSHE Advisors are able to manage their own diaries and maximise their work/life balance.
There can be a healthy exchange of views and opinions between the advisors.
Family run business, fabulous to work for
Area Manager (Former Employee), 28000January 25, 2015
Pros: fun to be at work
Learnt a lot whilst working with this Company. Lots of support whilst learning.
absolutely terrible
cleaner (Former Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGJanuary 23, 2015
Cons: not getting paid what you are owed
If i was able to give no stars I would. The company is an absolute disgrace. I worked there for 2 months in 2014 i had to leave due to not getting paid it is now 2015 and i am still having to fight to get my wages. They have given no valid reasons and they often ignore my calls and messages. I have to contact them every month regarding my wages and every time im passed from person to person as no one seems to know what they are talking about. DO NOT work for this company unless you are willing to work for free!!!
Labourer (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 21, 2015
Keep clean all construction areas to avoid hazards and ensure a safe work environment,
Inspect work sites to measure dimensions, lay out work, and estimate materials for each job.
Trained in: carpentry, painting, plastering, machine servicing, and installation
Out of touch
Senior Quantity Surveyor (Current Employee), WiganJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: closed shop, poor management, small time mentality
Old style management, intimidating and unprofessional. Think they are better than they are. Deluded and arrogant. Poor payers.
Mechanical fitter
Mechanical fitter (Former Employee), Stockton on teesDecember 29, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: hours, rate of pay, management
I was employed in this position that is being advertised, management and engineers were a joke at best, real poor salary too, at the interview I was told the rate was £3p/h higher than what it actually was when I started, there must have been 10 people walk out of this job in the past year. There is also no pay for travel, we travelled as far as Berwick everyday and te shift doesn't start until you get to site, that was around 3 hours a day unpaid!
Productive and stable environment
Site Engineer (Current Employee), GlasgowDecember 21, 2014
Good Company to work for. Providing opportunities to staff to develop and further their career.

1 2 3 4 5