Interserve Employee Reviews

Fast paced, good array of technologies to be involved in.
Hosting and Storage Services (Former Employee) –  West BromwichMay 24, 2016
Good, solid team, plenty of challenges involving multiple large scale programmes/projects, however many projects do tend to be fairly agile in nature with extremely tight deadlines. Infrastructure varies from very old technologies to bleeding edge.
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  LondonMay 23, 2016
I worked long hours in this company but I still enjoy because I worked in a group of team which is fun. I've learned a lot of things, specially in health and safety.
Bad Bad Place to Work do not listen
Trainer Assessor (Former Employee) –  SheffieldMay 18, 2016
Worked for this employer and they have not listened to me throughout the time I was there
Persistent and continued bullying, disregard would and where they discuss confidential issues so that anyone can over hear at anytime
Work life balance also nil
Reconsider if you are thinking of applying go to an alternative provider as quickly as possible
Pros
Friends
Cons
Bullying
No payment over 6th months till today
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  HuddersfieldMay 11, 2016
My wife had been early cleaning job at boots,huddersfield town centre over 3 months with this company August to October 2015, She hasn't got a single penny for her wages. A very bad company. They are obviously want to enploy people without paid. We have been trying to get my wages by the citizen advise beauro for several times and inform to their administration. But they just make a file not payment, it is so horrible.
Pros
working hours is alright
Cons
No payment
Poor experience. Lack of professionalism.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Memory Lane CakesApril 28, 2016
Very bad experience. Very rude managers and disrespectful, they threaten you constantly about getting less hours or sending you back home. They don´t care their workers at all. I was also promised a number of hours on the "interview" that they didn´t keep later. I wouldn´t recommend Interserve to anyone.
productive place
Supervisor and General Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  bulgariaApril 28, 2016
nice working place and working team
flexible working hours
good management
busy working days
working with dead lines
good to be park of that team
good benefits
Pros
travel agency
Interserve Nissan Sunderland
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nissan SunderlandApril 28, 2016
Self management, teamwork, liasing with clients, building rapport, obtaining and preparing quotations, accounting, payroll, HR, raising purchase orders, diary management, procurement.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Industrial
Enjoyable but hard work
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  MidlandsApril 27, 2016
My day at work starts with a phone call to all engineers to make sure they aare all ok, and go into any problems from day before.
I have learned to do things right first time and keep incontact with the client.
As i do the management i find this enjoyable and fullfilling.
All my staff repect me and support me.
The hardest part of my job is learning to switch off.
The most enjoyable part of my job is going to work, meeting the clients
Pros
Company car
Cons
terrible company.far too many chiefs.dont do relief cleaning you won't get paid.
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  LancashireApril 16, 2016
Payroll dept waste of space. Try get it sorted when your underpaid ( you will be) impossible. So called line managers ( supervisors) either on holiday or in a meeting (really ) don't work for them
Pros
Cons
too many chiefs
Reasonable
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  CramlingtonApril 15, 2016
Very physically demanding work load. I learnt how to become legal and compliance. Management was supportive when needed. My co-workers were really good to work with. The hardest part of the job was disciplinary. The most enjoyable was the gratitude and awards of achievement within the company.
Pros
working with fantastic people
Cons
not enough employees
fun work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  CardiffApril 8, 2016
had a great time working here and my co workers were great based in cardiff bay wounderful atmosphere learned alot while i worked here
Productive & Enjoyable
Labourer (Former Employee) –  ScunthorpeApril 4, 2016
It was a very easy job to do.
Easiest part of the job is switching the Gas off and servicing all 30 Gas Risers
Hardest Part was the heat was intense especially in Summer.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Working 12 Days Straight
busy work enviroment
cook (Current Employee) –  DavidstowMarch 29, 2016
learned a few things which has helped me grow as a person, always different each day and feel that always new challenges to explore
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
quite fun
Call Operator (Former Employee) –  BirminghamMarch 22, 2016
Friendly and calm environment. Allowed me to be able to develop my skills. Also allowed me to be able gain more knowledge.
Reasonable work place
Assistant hopitality (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 16, 2016
Working for interserve was a very demanding job , very busy and the day went by very well and time passed by so quickly . I learned how to manage staff and be aware of health , safety and caring for other people.I got on very well with all the co-workers .The hardest and the best part of the job was when i was serving 500 to 700 cutomers at funtions and that was dealing with doctors , chairmans and directors by myself because i enjoy a challenge .My high light of the job was , i very much enjoyed meeting the prince of wales on the opening day of Mcmillan Cancer Centre in which i served the prince of wales tea .
Pros
My wages at the end of the month
Cons
short of staff
Ready for a change of career
Scaffolder (Current Employee) –  EdinburghMarch 15, 2016
A day at Interserve is as busy environment where we build safe platforms for other trades. I feel that working with this company has allowed me to grow as an individual and feel confident when working alone, but also strive when working in a team.
The physical side of the job is extremely tough as there is a lot of manual labour. This can be exhausting but I have enjoyed pushing myself. Due to the extensive health and safety polices, I felt at ease and knew my safety was in good hands with the knowledgable team I worked with.
Company management is strong but at times I feel they should be more concerned at the job in hand and their staff rather than focusing on the financial side.
demanding
catalyst (Former Employee) –  ImminghamMarch 10, 2016
oil industry is demanding place but fun when you work with a group of lads and have a laugh but interserve on phillips 66 isnt too good theres no job secruity and the relevant paper work is always missing things such as wage slips or p45 are not sent so your always over paying on tax the money isnt great but can earn a fair wage if you put the hours in
Pros
na
Terrible management
Various Roles (Current Employee) –  CheshireMarch 3, 2016
After working in two different sectors of the company I can say without doubt the management see staff as expendable scum if you do not bow and grovel when they approach you are out the pay is terrible P.P.E is given only when they want you to look like this is a professional company and if things go wrong on a site they never look at the management for the site it is far easier to blame the staff the people who actually do the work and make the company money not just sit in front of a computer all day checking facebook there are good people you will get to work with but expect nothing from the management but dirty looks thinly veiled insults and a knife in the back if anything goes wrong I could talk about the hr and pay department for this company but I would be here for weeks all together a joke of a company.
Pros
good teammates
Cons
terrible management, hr and payroll
cleaning
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon TyneMarch 2, 2016
it was ok a lot of work in a short space of time which meant you were always busy so it wasn't bad at all. it was a easy job that constantly changed so you never got bored of the job.
robin hood airport
Air service assistant (Current Employee) –  robin hood airportFebruary 26, 2016
fantastic place to work enviroment the very busy days some of the staff are outstanding ie myself I'm fantastic with the public I work with