Interserve Employee Reviews

Poor experience. Lack of professionalism.
Production Operator (Former Employee), Memory Lane CakesApril 28, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: All
Very bad experience. Very rude managers and disrespectful, they threaten you constantly about getting less hours or sending you back home. They don´t care their workers at all. I was also promised a number of hours on the "interview" that they didn´t keep later. I wouldn´t recommend Interserve to anyone.
productive place
Supervisor and General Office Assistant (Current Employee), bulgariaApril 28, 2016
Pros: travel agency
nice working place and working team
flexible working hours
good management
busy working days
working with dead lines
good to be park of that team
good benefits
Enjoyable but hard work
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), MidlandsApril 27, 2016
Pros: Company car
Cons: Long hours
My day at work starts with a phone call to all engineers to make sure they aare all ok, and go into any problems from day before.
I have learned to do things right first time and keep incontact with the client.
As i do the management i find this enjoyable and fullfilling.
All my staff repect me and support me.
The hardest part of my job is learning to switch off.
The most enjoyable part of my job is going to work, meeting the clients
terrible company.far too many chiefs.dont do relief cleaning you won't get paid.
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee), LancashireApril 16, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: too many chiefs
Payroll dept waste of space. Try get it sorted when your underpaid ( you will be) impossible. So called line managers ( supervisors) either on holiday or in a meeting (really ) don't work for them
Reasonable
Site Manager (Former Employee), CramlingtonApril 15, 2016
Pros: working with fantastic people
Cons: not enough employees
Very physically demanding work load. I learnt how to become legal and compliance. Management was supportive when needed. My co-workers were really good to work with. The hardest part of the job was disciplinary. The most enjoyable was the gratitude and awards of achievement within the company.
fun work place
Cleaner (Former Employee), CardiffApril 8, 2016
had a great time working here and my co workers were great based in cardiff bay wounderful atmosphere learned alot while i worked here
Productive & Enjoyable
Labourer (Former Employee), ScunthorpeApril 4, 2016
Pros: Easy Work
Cons: Working 12 Days Straight
It was a very easy job to do.
Easiest part of the job is switching the Gas off and servicing all 30 Gas Risers
Hardest Part was the heat was intense especially in Summer.
busy work enviroment
cook (Current Employee), DavidstowMarch 29, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: management
learned a few things which has helped me grow as a person, always different each day and feel that always new challenges to explore
quite fun
Call Operator (Former Employee), BirminghamMarch 22, 2016
Friendly and calm environment. Allowed me to be able to develop my skills. Also allowed me to be able gain more knowledge.
Reasonable work place
Assistant hopitality (Former Employee), LondonMarch 16, 2016
Pros: My wages at the end of the month
Cons: short of staff
Working for interserve was a very demanding job , very busy and the day went by very well and time passed by so quickly . I learned how to manage staff and be aware of health , safety and caring for other people.I got on very well with all the co-workers .The hardest and the best part of the job was when i was serving 500 to 700 cutomers at funtions and that was dealing with doctors , chairmans and directors by myself because i enjoy a challenge .My high light of the job was , i very much enjoyed meeting the prince of wales on the opening day of Mcmillan Cancer Centre in which i served the prince of wales tea .
Ready for a change of career
Scaffolder (Current Employee), EdinburghMarch 15, 2016
A day at Interserve is as busy environment where we build safe platforms for other trades. I feel that working with this company has allowed me to grow as an individual and feel confident when working alone, but also strive when working in a team.
The physical side of the job is extremely tough as there is a lot of manual labour. This can be exhausting but I have enjoyed pushing myself. Due to the extensive health and safety polices, I felt at ease and knew my safety was in good hands with the knowledgable team I worked with.
Company management is strong but at times I feel they should be more concerned at the job in hand and their staff rather than focusing on the financial side.
demanding
catalyst (Former Employee), ImminghamMarch 10, 2016
Pros: na
Cons: long hours
oil industry is demanding place but fun when you work with a group of lads and have a laugh but interserve on phillips 66 isnt too good theres no job secruity and the relevant paper work is always missing things such as wage slips or p45 are not sent so your always over paying on tax the money isnt great but can earn a fair wage if you put the hours in
Terrible management
Various Roles (Current Employee), CheshireMarch 3, 2016
Pros: good teammates
Cons: terrible management, hr and payroll
After working in two different sectors of the company I can say without doubt the management see staff as expendable scum if you do not bow and grovel when they approach you are out the pay is terrible P.P.E is given only when they want you to look like this is a professional company and if things go wrong on a site they never look at the management for the site it is far easier to blame the staff the people who actually do the work and make the company money not just sit in front of a computer all day checking facebook there are good people you will get to work with but expect nothing from the management but dirty looks thinly veiled insults and a knife in the back if anything goes wrong I could talk about the hr and pay department for this company but I would be here for weeks all together a joke of a company.
cleaning
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee), Newcastle upon TyneMarch 2, 2016
it was ok a lot of work in a short space of time which meant you were always busy so it wasn't bad at all. it was a easy job that constantly changed so you never got bored of the job.
robin hood airport
Air service assistant (Current Employee), robin hood airportFebruary 26, 2016
fantastic place to work enviroment the very busy days some of the staff are outstanding ie myself I'm fantastic with the public I work with
Overall, good.
Branch Consultant (Current Employee), Fylde CoastFebruary 15, 2016
The job mostly consists of admin/clerical work. The staff are on zero hour contracts creating many difficulties.

Co-workers are great. Management are okay.
over worked and under valued. High expectations
Health and Social care trainer/assessor (Former Employee), East MidlandsFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: Flexible to an extent
Cons: Under valued and no equality
Working for Interserve Learning and Employment is very full on, it takes over your life if you let it. There is very little time for your family and they will not stop you from working 60+ hours a week.
There is little or no support with things and there does appear to be managers managing managers!!!
The company also does not offer a lot in the way of progression, if you are happy remaining as an over worked, under paid trainer/assessor then this is the place to work.
Not a good work enviroment.
Porter / Handyman (Former Employee), Leeds and various sitesFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Work on own inititive
Cons: To much political interferance
Work started 9.00am do rounds of the offiices I was based at.
Make notes of things that needed doing ie change lighting if needed, escort contractors around site if they did not have clearance, (counter terrorist clearance ). Management was over seen by line manager. Co-workers were a good group.
The hardest part of the job was the protarcol at the UK Boarder Agency. The most enjoyable was when I ws on the road to attend different jobs.
produtive and fun compoany to work with
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee), Crewe, ENGFebruary 3, 2016
i learn the basic steps of making sure that all the warehouse and offices are clean . they have great staff who are helpful and really fun to work with
Good job
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee), Tameside, ENGFebruary 1, 2016
Happy working as a cleaner looking for evening work at monment I empty bins, dust,hovver and sweep and get on with the staff that I work around