Interserve

Interserve Employer Reviews

absolutely terrible
cleaner (Former Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGJanuary 23, 2015
Cons: not getting paid what you are owed
If i was able to give no stars I would. The company is an absolute disgrace. I worked there for 2 months in 2014 i had to leave due to not getting paid it is now 2015 and i am still having to fight to get my wages. They have given no valid reasons and they often ignore my calls and messages. I have to contact them every month regarding my wages and every time im passed from person to person as no one seems to know what they are talking about. DO NOT work for this company unless you are willing to work for free!!!
Labourer (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 21, 2015
Keep clean all construction areas to avoid hazards and ensure a safe work environment,
Inspect work sites to measure dimensions, lay out work, and estimate materials for each job.
Trained in: carpentry, painting, plastering, machine servicing, and installation
Out of touch
Senior Quantity Surveyor (Current Employee), WiganJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: closed shop, poor management, small time mentality
Old style management, intimidating and unprofessional. Think they are better than they are. Deluded and arrogant. Poor payers.
Mechanical fitter
Mechanical fitter (Former Employee), Stockton on teesDecember 29, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: hours, rate of pay, management
I was employed in this position that is being advertised, management and engineers were a joke at best, real poor salary too, at the interview I was told the rate was £3p/h higher than what it actually was when I started, there must have been 10 people walk out of this job in the past year. There is also no pay for travel, we travelled as far as Berwick everyday and te shift doesn't start until you get to site, that was around 3 hours a day unpaid!
Productive and stable environment
Site Engineer (Current Employee), GlasgowDecember 21, 2014
Good Company to work for. Providing opportunities to staff to develop and further their career.
Multi-national facility management company
Administrator (Former Employee), Dolphin Shopping Centre, PooleDecember 16, 2014
Pros: training and free parking
Cons: sometimes the hours could be long and you were expected to work one saturday in 4.
I worked for Interserve for 6 years and would have to say that I enjoyed the time I was employed by them. Because they were such a large company, they had the finances to carry out any training that was required for my role as an administrator.
The variety of work, meant that every day had different tasks that had to be completed. There was only one daily task that needed to be done was the employee working hours, which were inputted on to an Exel spreadsheet and sent off to their wages department.
When I first started working for Interserve, I had no experience of health and safety and they trained me in this field. I now have IOSH Managing Safely and have gained a lot of experience working in health and safety.
I had worked with my co-workers for 6 years and made many friendships. We worked as part of a team to ensure that the Dolphin Centre was clean and tidy, ready for customers to shop every day.
Again the hardest part of the job was the health and safety audit. This was hard on all the employees as the new risk and coshh assessments needed to be signed by everyone.
This was also the most enjoyable part of the job, as when it was done it felt amazing to know that this task had been completed and ready for the audit.
great staff and a good work place
cleaner (Former Employee), liverpoolDecember 16, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: early starts
interserve are a great company to work for,the staff are good as they helped me achieve goals.
pass
industrial cleaner (Current Employee), Runcorn, ENGDecember 8, 2014
Pros: possibilitys
Cons: not good management
not been with them very long as took over from initial cleaning services so will just have to wait and see
Pleasant organization
Nursing Faculty (Former Employee), Upper Darby, PADecember 3, 2014
Pros: beautiful scenery! wonderful challenges. great students!
Cons: no pay
I taught nursing skills and theory to second year nursing students in a three year program. I taught neurovascular units, orthopedic units, and rehabilitation and mental health units. My classes always had 40 students.
Hard work but good fun
Scaffolder's Labourer (Former Employee), London, ENGNovember 28, 2014
very physically demanding but good fun with good bunch of lads
Worthwhile assignment
Commissioning Engineer (Former Employee), ENGNovember 24, 2014
Documentation surrounding the commissioning and operation of the extension to a major sewage treatment facility at Rainham in Essex, including the first maintenance matrix.
Workplace
Catering assistant, General (Former Employee), ENGNovember 18, 2014
I work in this kitchen for just over 2 years and enjoyed it.
There were 6 of us and we all worked well as a team. We all had our own tasks to do, but we would all help each other if it was needed. I started off making panni's and then moved on to making baguettes. Then I started doing all the cooking of the meals. I enjoyed all aspects of my job.
Everything was made daily and on a 3 week rota.
I used to serve the older children and most of the teachers too. Then after service again we had our own tasks to do to close down ie. washing up, some prep for next day,clearing down servery and cleaning it, cleaning the hall ready for next day.
Even started to do my NVQ lvl2.
boring and tedious
retail cleaning supervisor (Former Employee), Barnsley, ENGNovember 8, 2014
Pros: different jobs each day
Cons: long hours
a typical day at work would start with an early start,and late finish,there was hardly any day to day contact with management and no support whatsoever from management,my co workers were hard working,the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different characters from day to day.
productive and fun
Labourer and general duties within Barclays Bank (Former Employee), Newport isle of wightNovember 8, 2014
lovely people . work as a team . help each other .Lovely company to work for
perfect company to work for
Receptionist / Administrator (Current Employee), LeicesterNovember 7, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and seeing lots of friendly faces.
Cons: not enough contracted hours, only part time hours.
A typical day at work for me involves, greeting and directing patients, taking phone calls and transferring them to the relevant departments/ people or helping them myself, reporting any building and maintenance problems and chasing them up, make sure waste etc is sorted and organised and tagged for collection. I have learnt a lot since working for Interserve as previously I had only really done retail work, I had never used a computer for a job and never really had to use the phones apart from a short while working at Next directory. All my co-workers are lovely and very helpful, there always there if I'm unsure and need help. All our patients are lovely too and coming to work is always a pleasure.
The job is ok to do
Cleaner (Current Employee), Rhyl North wales ukNovember 6, 2014
Cons: lack of cleaning equipment no communication
The work is ok but they need more hours and stop messing arround paying people there wages I been working 6 weeks get paid every 4 weeks and they have not paid me I rang them up and all they said was that they will do a emergency payment and it will go in I rang them up today now there saying I willnot get paid till next week it's takes the wick I'm not working for nothing so I told them and I'm not going in untill they pay me
Fun work place
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee), Peterborough, ENGOctober 27, 2014
Pros: you could take your own lunch in
Cons: i done 8 hours 4 sun and 4 mon
I loved working for them . I meat one of the bosses that comes from Interserve and he was ever so nice he shock my hand and asked if I liked my job and that if I had any problems thay would sort it out .they are a friendly company to work for and I bet people would be .saying the same
Stressful workplace
Site Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee), Potters Bar, ENGOctober 27, 2014
Pros: nice office
Cons: long hours
It's quite good company to work for. However, some of the managers don't even have any education which result in poor management and ruins the company image.
Good Employer and conditions
Cleaner DSA Nottingham Parliament Street Office (Current Employee), London, ENGOctober 22, 2014
Pros: uniform
Cons: evening work
Workload is hard but fair 3 hours cleaning. The work contract is good with fair terms and conditions the people I work with are polite and hard working. Interserve are a good employer
such a great experience
Coffee Shop Assistant (Current Employee), Nottingham, ENGOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: not enough hours
i think its brilliant working for Interserve as a coffee shop assistant as i was given the right training to help me progress at being a great member of the team and gaining the confidence to run the coffee shop alone.
The typical day here is usually busy but if at times it is quite i tend to ensure the shop is cleaned thoroughly.
the management are fantastic as ensure that you are ok and thats theres no problems at work.
my co-workers are lovely and such a pleasure to work with even tho its usually for about an hour or 2.
the hardest part of the job is to keep as a reasonable pace to ensure all customers aren't waiting too long.
what i love about this job is i get to meet lots of nice people and to chat with them on a daily basis and the compliments given from the customers always puts a smile on my face.

1 2 3 4 5