Interserve Employee Reviews

Good company
Gropu Fleet Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West BromwichAugust 23, 2016
Good company to work for, depending on the department you work in.

My best experience was working for the Fleet department and the management, I learned and excelled many skills I didn't know I had within me.

The IT department, wasn't the best experience but its fine for a day to day robotic job. to many managers, not enough relationships building between employees and managers.
Pros
always busy, neevr a dull moment in my role
Cons
Parking, Not flexibale with time
unwelcoming place of work with disrespectful employers
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  BeverleyAugust 19, 2016
my job was good at the start however it then went down hill due to the disrespect from the store assistants and the mistreatment towards me. i went to work the days i agreed to do
Good Organisational Culture
FacilitiesManagement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  BirminghamAugust 15, 2016
Interserve believes in diversity and puts Sustainability at the heart of what it does.

It is an excellent company to work for as it believes in the growth and empowerment of it's staff.
recycle operative
recycle operative (Current Employee) –  PortsmouthAugust 11, 2016
I never applied for a job with interserve. I was contacted by them I was looking for work so I joined the company. I find the work very demanding and painful. on your feet all the time. although you do get breaks.you get treated like a slave. most of the time on my shift we are very short of staff. you work 12 hours. the job is quite boring and tiresome. co workers some I would never trust. moral is low just show you the standards this firm has. the most enjoyable part is going home and having your days off. from other reviews of this company the firm looks like a bad employer.is this why you cannot get the staff?
Pros
left on your own
Cons
long hours poor pay low moral
Uk mail
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  StaffordAugust 10, 2016
great bunch of enthusiastic people to work with always smiling and always busy, management was good always offered me a challenge of being on the busy section.
Hard work
Retail Cleaner (Current Employee) –  LeicesterAugust 8, 2016
Maintaining clenese in all store areas is not easy, esspetially within 3,5 hours but luckily other staff is friendly and management approchable so the day just flies by.
Pros
more hours
Good company to work for
Cleaning Supervisor (Current Employee) –  PenrithAugust 3, 2016
Cleaning, sweeping and caring for toilets, Good job co-workers were a pleasure to work with. Management was ok. hardest part of the job was dealing with a disruptive member of staff. Job satisfaction.
Cons
sense of achievement job well done looking good
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  NottinghamJuly 28, 2016
There is always plenty todo ,following the janitor sheets and separate task sheet.you have to use your own initiative.The management are approachable and will do their best to accommodate you.My colleagues are all amicable, we tend to work in different areas and times so do not see much of each other.As janitors we are customer focused and enjoy helping with their queries.
Pros
holiday entitlement
Cons
no discount available
Interserve Glenalmond collage
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Perth and KinrossJuly 27, 2016
What a joke of a place the manager is useless and dose not explain the policy and then uses it against you the company is a joke they lie to you don't give you the right pay and bully you out your job I worked for them for 8 months at Glenalmond collage . Worst job ever !!
Nice place to work
Helpdesk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  london foley streetJuly 19, 2016
It is a great place to work with a strong team work spirit. The salary and other working conditions are wonderful. I will love to work for them again when the opportunity shows up.
rubbish
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  LondonJuly 18, 2016
I currently work for this shameful bullying company they expect you to take all the flack while they collect all the money pay u peanuts the national minimum wage while they collect 4 times that much they don't support you and when things go wrong it's your fault even they they don't supply the proper supplies to contractors and you can't clean properly then they don't pay u properly and the management could not run a montessori school and u only get 20 days holiday a year but when u request holidays they refuse them because they can't get cover or ur asked to organise ur own cover and trust me u don't want to go sick or the ask for medical records even for the flu and expect u still to work even when ur ill
Pros
Cons
interserve cleaning or better know as interswerve
Poor management
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  West MidlandsJuly 11, 2016
I previously worked for the company, but wouldn't recommend to anyone, the working environment is dreadful, no one ever seems to progress in their role, the managers are a bunch of bullies, operatives work hard whist managers fill their working days with leisurely activities, senior management see none of it, it's like working in a classroom without a teacher. Inflicted stress day to day by the few stupid employees who do as they please without any consideration for the rest of us who are expected to earn our wages, the division had lost a lot of People in recent times, it's a pity, the work, pay and most people are great.
Pros
Wages, type of work, some good workers
Cons
Progression, lack of new working practices, spiteful managers
Awful company.
Hr Admin (Former Employee) –  West BromwichJuly 10, 2016
The only good thing I can say about this company is they do give you the entry opportunity to get into HR however that's where it ends.

- if you're fixed term prepare to be continually extended on a monthly then a weekly basis.
- Pay is abysmal, you'd get more doing a cleaning job
- Management have no people skills, bully and backstab.
- Team leaders as above and lack team management skills
- very much an us and them atmosphere
- management have favourites - if they do not talk to you/ demean your efforts, you won't progress.
- other staff ignore you/ segregated culture

It's a shame as there are many career development opportunities and opportunities to progress compared to other places. However you are better off looking at external opportunities as the pay will most definitely be better and they will definitely be more encouraging of your abilities.
Enjoyable
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  WalesJune 29, 2016
Nice company to work for got on with all my co-workers, i leant about health and safety and coshh. Very busy offices and factory using all different cleaning machinery.
Professional
Leisure Attendant (Current Employee) –  HalifaxJune 22, 2016
Being entrusted to work on your own whilst still having the support of management on hand when required. I enjoy interacting with clients and problem solving
Not a good place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  DerbyshireJune 22, 2016
Worked for this company on a coop contract having had an innocent conversation regarding immigration with a contracted security guard (hungarian) who took offence and reported it i received a call informing me i was fired moral to this company. They support non british and don't give you right too reply. Avoid thiscompany like the plague
Pros
Non
Cons
Anti. British
Pretty Good
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Balsall CommonJune 20, 2016
It was pretty good, only worked a few nights a week and not for too long so can't really comment. I was a cleaner for one shop, everything was provided and necessary training was given
You work they get paid.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon TyneJune 10, 2016
Interserve`s promise is to only make a 5% profit from contracts they get so everything they do is as cheap as they can get away with.
Pros
they want a happy place to work in.
Cons
pushed to limits on workload.
waste of time
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  salfordJune 7, 2016
Been sent to two interviews for interserve one in Liverpool (3 0 miles away) and one in salford I am an electrician multi tech. Both jobs aready given to another person one had already started! I know this because met him and spoke
What a time wasting rip off I lost money time and travel on a fools errand Avoid
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Hr
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  West BromwichJune 5, 2016
I appreciate Interseve for giving me the opportunity to enter HR with no previous experience however - management were bullies, young managers that have no management/people skills. It was not - "what you know" but more so about "who you know".

I see jobs for Interseve advertised and I will not be applying - would rather claim job seekers allowance!!!
Cons
Bad managers - not a nice working environment at all and the pay is shocking!!!

2.9