Interserve Employee Reviews

facilities
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  ukJanuary 16, 2018
i worked for the facilities sector for a couple of years

what a shambles managers came and went and allways blamed the client or staff and wanted us to cook the reports of jobs done

ok for a short contract but i would not work for them long term again
Pros
pay was pretty good
Cons
bad management and practices
Time At Interserve
Mate (Former Employee) –  air productsJanuary 15, 2018
in my time with hertel we worked on the air product site over north tees during my time on this job hertel were a very fair company who i would best describe as firm but fair
Horrible
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  DerbyshireJanuary 15, 2018
The people you meet are great but you never get paid right from one month to the next and at time you never see the money they owe you as it is not there fault it is always someone else who has to take the blame and the mani gees are now better
Good place good people
Yard Operative (Former Employee) –  Aldridge, West MidlandsJanuary 13, 2018
Need another job close to home been work since 16 years old had five different jobs I work hard good at time keep work long hours and fast past work and fit to go to any job
Pros
45 min lunch break
Cons
55 hours week i work
Muy mala pagadora y muy explotadora.
Limpiadora en general (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MadridJanuary 12, 2018
Un dia de trabajo en esta empresa es muy malo mucho exceso de trabajo y muy mal pagado,
No aprendi nada.
La dirección mala no lo siguiente.
Cultura laboral 00.
La parte mas dificil del trabajo era llegar al final de la jornada con todo el trabajo terminado.
No me gustó nada este trabajo por la mala organización,malos pagadores y el mal ambiente de trabajo.
Pros
Ninguno
Cons
Todos
Workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater ManchesterJanuary 12, 2018
Enjoyable workplace. I met different people and learnt more about mangment skills and team work skills. The advantages were good such as pension schemes and vouchers.
Informacion , entrega de documentacion , recogida de cartas y paqueteria destruccion de documentacion buen ambiente
Auxiliar de limpieza (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MadridJanuary 9, 2018
muy buen ambiente , es bastante interesante, pero mala gestion ,no esplicaron bien las cosas .
Good comapany to work for
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  LeedsJanuary 8, 2018
Enjoyed working for Interserve. They looked after thier staff. Provided us with uniform and were always updating thier cleaning equipment. Friendly staff and fun environment to work in. I would work there again.
hard place work
M&E Supervisor Duties (Former Employee) –  BrandonJanuary 6, 2018
hard company to work for took over contract not understanding what the client required and would not listen to work force who had dealt with client for many years
Pros
transport for standby
Cons
very long hours
excellent place to work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  DevonJanuary 3, 2018
excellent place to work they are able to cater for hours to suit your needs and always able to get hold of a area manager if you need to speak to them
enjoyable work environment
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  HuddersfieldJanuary 3, 2018
During my time at Interserve i gained lots of many advanced cleaning skills. I also felt really comfortable at the workplace and i really liked the way i was treated with a lot of respect by my colleagues. The manager was really clear and straight forward with that he wanted done during my time at Interserve.
Worst company
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of EdinburghJanuary 2, 2018
Worked for them over a year and hated every minute
When it came to leaving I handed my notice and was made to wait over 6 months to receive my p45 even though I contacted line managers and HR to get it resolved.
No sick pay
Months notice for holidays which don't get accepted most of the time
Pros
Cons
No sick pay, don't get your holidays when you ask, poor management
good contract agency employment
Skilled labourer (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, HertfordshireDecember 29, 2017
Typical day at work would be arrived at work and reporting to the construction manager for job duties to be completed that day.
Bathroom facility equipment being installed inside the school, being the site that was worked on.
Putting up temporary doors, fixing plaster, adjusting scaffolding

Great management, well run construction site.

Good workplace culture and environment

Long hours and finding continuous work

Being involved with many trades.
fun workplace
cleaner (Former Employee) –  pinewood studios (iver)December 27, 2017
can be a good company to work for if they had the right staff and management. you don't get trained as it is learn yourself , management are also incompetent, you also work on your own as it proves very difficult to work with the rest of the team, the job is also very physical as you are not supplied with all the tools of the trade, working for the client is excellent as you have a better relationship with them than your own company as they appreciate it more which is very satisfying. avoid this company at all costs because it will prove to be very difficult to get on with them and your direct managers. also a typical day at work will be do as less as possible as u are just left to get on with it and don't get paid properly.
Pros
easy work
Cons
low paid
Over rated
Administrator (Current Employee) –  FarehamDecember 20, 2017
Over rated & poor management. Too many high expectations which could not be met. Having never worked within the program element of probation, I struggled in the beginning, but gradually began to understand the work that I was doing. I feel quite sad to have been made redundant.
Pros
Free tea & coffee, & weekly allowance for fruit
Cons
Poor management
Friendly and professional coworkers and management
LOGISTICS AND GENERAL PORTER AT UCLH (Former Employee) –  londonDecember 20, 2017
the work was tiring. Pay was relatively good and the hours were fine. Had a bit of overtime as well and the management is fine, they take time to listen to your issues and help accordingly.
Good but needs improvement
office cleaner] (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, HertfordshireDecember 6, 2017
I liked working at interserve to an extent, because the pay was really good however, the communication between my manager, HR and the head office was poor! also, it monthly pay which i think is inconvenient . A college of mine wasn't paid after working 5 weeks due to lack of effective communication between our manager and HR.
Pros
flexible hours
buen ambiente de trabajo
linpiador (Former Employee) –  Barcelona, BarcelonaDecember 4, 2017
espero encontrar trabajo. Para poder prosperar y poder ayudar en mi casa
Pros
trabajar
left a lot to be desired
Administrator/Helpdesk Operative (Current Employee) –  SloughNovember 29, 2017
I really enjoyed assisting with helping the vulnerable and elderly residents with their needs. However there was no room for advancement.

Management at Interserve needs a good over haul as very set in their ways.
Pros
No pros
Cons
late night working
Good work, but worked alone
CLEANER (Former Employee) –  EastbourneNovember 28, 2017
I was working as a cleaner on my own, which didn't bother me, but meant I didn;t really know anyone at interserve apart from my manager. Overall a good job though.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9