Interserve Employee Reviews

On A Journey
Manager (Current Employee) –  South East11 February 2017
This is a rather sad story. The business has huge potential, but lacks leaders with true vision for business improvement. It is not operating effectively and there are huge opportunities for it to be great, with the right leader/budget approver in command.

I have learned not to get close to anyone as it seems staff retention is very low, along with the morale of those who are there counting down the days until they retire or find a new opportunity . There is a rather worrying culture of 'just do your job' and ask no questions along with a huge division between senior management. The only concern of members of the SMT is their P&L empires and they seem to have little value for the people of the business working hard to deliver the services provided.

The systems and functions of the business are going through lots of change and improvement; however this is being poorly executed and is having a seriously negative effect on individual’s ability to do their job.
Pros
zeo
Cons
Management, fucntions, lacks vision, salary disparity, poor HR... This list goes on
Dreadful
Office staff (Current Employee) –  England20 October 2016
I work for this company and there's no morale. Nobody gets on. A blind eye is turned to bullying, Management are rarely seen. No support, pay is dreadful. No bonuses or incentives, like other companies I've worked for. The only good thing is they let you get on with your job.
Pros
Let you get on with your work, no micromanaging.
Cons
No morale, bullying is swept under the carpet, not what you know but who you know, pay is dreadful, no team bonding events, no bonuses or incentives, no praise.
Awful company.
Hr Admin (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich10 July 2016
The only good thing I can say about this company is they do give you the entry opportunity to get into HR however that's where it ends.

- if you're fixed term prepare to be continually extended on a monthly then a weekly basis.
- Pay is abysmal, you'd get more doing a cleaning job
- Management have no people skills, bully and backstab.
- Team leaders as above and lack team management skills
- very much an us and them atmosphere
- management have favourites - if they do not talk to you/ demean your efforts, you won't progress.
- other staff ignore you/ segregated culture

It's a shame as there are many career development opportunities and opportunities to progress compared to other places. However you are better off looking at external opportunities as the pay will most definitely be better and they will definitely be more encouraging of your abilities.
Was Not For Me.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon16 March 2017
A typical day in work was ok you were on your own for most of it we all have our own areas to work in. it was basic cleaning really hoovering, dusting, changing bins, mopping floors, sweeping, cache mopping etc.
the most enjoyable part was when work colleagues got to socialise on the job i got on with a few members of staff it was nice to help each other as a team once in a while the cons were the issues with pay it was never correct and everyone higher up didnt have a clue in payroll what we were on about blaming it on each other nothing really got resolved while i was there but i hope they sort that issue for everyone as i believe the group i was in was not the only ones.
i found the management to be tricky but once they finally got what you were trying to say they could be helpful.
i cant really comment on much else i had a ok time working for this company we had some brilliant times.
Pros
good for if you like working alone
Cons
Pay
Interesting line of work and productive workplace
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands24 January 2017
During my week with Interserve, I spent all of my time within the HR department. My days consisted of working within transactions where I learnt what they do and why it is important that those jobs were carried out. I worked with payroll and helped to organise and structure each folder. I also helped out with printing and scanning work, preparing DBS forms and sorting the mail.

Interserve is a very professional workplace where employees work together within a team.

The hardest part of the job for me was scanning in work as I had not done this before.

The part of the job that I enjoyed the most was learning about the department and all the roles within it.
Pros
Learning new skills
long hard days
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Sizewell, Suffolk19 February 2017
start work at 6;30 mon- thurs first check the till and any e-mails that need my attention
then changed into whites and to the canteen ensure all staff are there and working as needed .
Meet and escort the near daily deliveries check the delivery off
and store
put the invoice on the computer input the next delivery help prepare the main meal
Write menus including sorting meal deals/promotions
Serve the main meal
give safety/ information talk to team approve holiday requests / negotiate them
Report canteen breakages /equipment that is failing arrange for failed items to be fixed and breakages are re purchased
Pros
Regular customers
Cons
slow progress on most issues
Well paid
Scaffold Yard Labourer, Runcorn TPS (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire15 December 2016
Long hours, and hard work but well paid for it.

Good supervision and management with the right attitude to personal health and safety.
Pros
Well paid.
Cons
Long hours and hard work
High workload - low pay
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands10 February 2017
Used to work in this department on the TUPE team. Management don't recognise hard work and make promises they don't keep. If you want to do lots of work on a low salary this is the job for you.
Pros
Exposure to TUPE
Cons
Salary
Great company!
Kitchen Manager/Head Chef (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear18 December 2016
I currently work in the catering side of interserve on behalf of the MOJ the staff are great the pay is great and management is really considerate and cares about their employees they let tou crack in with what your meant to be doing so. They provide great training and are only a phone call away if theres an issue you get regular visits/audits to make sure the site is running smoothly and overtime is always acailable if you are after more hours. As a chef i get to create dishes and my opinions are listen to and action is taken to make sure the service i provide is to good standards and equipted well for the audience its intended too
Pros
Great pay, excellent team
2nd Line Suppor Day at Interserve
2nd Line Support Technician (Current Employee) –  West Midlands4 March 2017
On a daily basis we are supporting multiple offices,sites,and home based users across The UK providing a first class level of service to our customers ensuring that all agreed SLA are met and helping other teams in IT to support the core infrastructure. We also support hardware encompassing everything from clustered servers to multi function printer/copier/scanners. I have to liaise with all levels of management to maintain the smooth day to day operation of the business and learning about other aspects of the business which give me the tools to do my job in an more effective way as I become more familiar with other departments and their needs. The most unsatisfying part of the Job is not being able to assists everyone in the same way as connectivity can be problematic and issues need to be passed on to another team, this feels like you have let some one down, however, the best part of a support role is being able to resolve a customers issues in a timely fashion, and the response from the user when this has been done
Good working environment
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne1 January 2017
Good company to work for within the cleaning industry, Equipment is provided and you are not required to work long hours. The management is decent and provide you with anything needed.
Pros
Equipment provided
Cons
Physical work
Excellent company values
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Midlands13 November 2016
Interserve has company values that most respectable people would consider as an organisation to work for. The disappointing thing is that they fail on all points to live up to the standards they set. Some of the management team have no real skills to manage people. They are racist bullies that use micro-management and autocractic styles of leadership, to demoralise staff. Your stress levels will soar including unmanageable workloads. Staff are treated poorly and if you are lucky enough to be liked you are encouraged to follow this similar type of bully behaviour, in order to keep your job and be on the right side of management. Not a good organisation to work for.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
I could write a book
Poor management
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  West Midlands11 July 2016
I previously worked for the company, but wouldn't recommend to anyone, the working environment is dreadful, no one ever seems to progress in their role, the managers are a bunch of bullies, operatives work hard whist managers fill their working days with leisurely activities, senior management see none of it, it's like working in a classroom without a teacher. Inflicted stress day to day by the few stupid employees who do as they please without any consideration for the rest of us who are expected to earn our wages, the division had lost a lot of People in recent times, it's a pity, the work, pay and most people are great.
Pros
Wages, type of work, some good workers
Cons
Progression, lack of new working practices, spiteful managers
too many chiefs
Guest Host (Current Employee) –  Birmingham4 October 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with guests offering them advice and support with a smile, the hardest part has to be standing up all day.
Interserve are a great company to work for with good benefits and pay, there are plenty of opportunities within the organisation.
Pros
Good pay and a fun management team
Cons
Employee structure
Poor Management
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham17 February 2017
The company on a whole has good incentives for employees. However, management have a lot to learn.

Poor management and leadership in the company leads to the highest turnover of employees I have ever seen. Training and support for employees needs to be the focus of this company as it is lacking.

Processes within this company are alot more complicated then they need to be.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Poor Management and Leadership
Excellent Company, Great Values
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands28 October 2016
Great company to work for, although senior management needs to get out more and be seen.
Regional level management seen all the time anything above that only seen when they are told to get out out and complete director audits.
Left to run contract, which is great and get full support from Regional teams.
Health and safety top of agenda which is great,however the QSHE team are NEVER seen on site?
Would recommend anyone to work with this company.
Pros
Allowed to make decisions regarding the running of my site
Cons
Senior Management not seen
Good pay but lousy management
De-vegetation Operative (Former Employee) –  London3 March 2017
During my time at this well know company I did enjoy my working environment and colleagues but I just felt that I was being bullied and I could rely on management as it was non-existent that's why I left but I did like the pay as it was fortnightly which was handy and the lift into and out of work
Pros
Free lifts
Cons
lacking reliable managers
Executive Management
Head of PMO (Former Employee) –  West Midlands28 September 2016
Churn of Executives needed top down to drive change and professional culture across all organisations within Interserve. Implementation of People Management workstream and Management training overdue.
Insight into the working world
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  London15 March 2017
My time spent working at Paragon Management, which has now been acquired by Interserve, over the summer of 2011 gave me an insight into the professional world and what was required and could be expected of working in a managerial environment.
secure workplace that allows progression through the company.
logistics administrator (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands22 March 2017
Fantastic company to work for, cant offer you enough ways to progress and a very secure place to work. The management are always happy to help and the staff are friendly and always willing to help if needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9