Interserve Employee Reviews

Nice workplace
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Derby, DerbyshireApril 21, 2017
They have siutable hours whatever is needed evening or morning hours. I never had problems with getting my salary on time or getting it in right amout.
Worse place I have worked and poor management
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  EssexApril 20, 2017
Worse company I have worked for and poor management , if you work there you will get spoken down to and treated unfairly and they will not want to listen to you
The company seem make up there own rules to suit them !
The pay is good but they never pay you correct always getting under paid
I wouldn't recommend working for this company I'm glad I've left
Pros
Cons
Poor management
busy but enjoyable.
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Telford and Wrekin, ShropshireApril 14, 2017
this was a busy job and lots to do , but the hard work paid off with the extra bonus's and perks we got from the job.

the job itself was hard and you needed to put in some hard graft to excel.
Management useless
Back of House (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West YorkshireApril 14, 2017
Management useless no support when u get abused by customers they bend over backwards for customers even though we get sworn at and threatened use less no support no real enjoyment
Pros
Wage
Cons
Hrs management useless
Hard Graft
Hospital Porter (Former Employee) –  LeicesterApril 13, 2017
Long hours ad very physically and mentally tasking job role!

The management at the time was an absolute shambles. All contracts were zero hours and overtime was usually required at a flat rate pay.
Pros
Help people in need
Cons
Long hours. Poor pay. No organisation.
Good experience but I wouldnt return
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater LondonApril 12, 2017
Although the work experience at Interserve was useful to gain insight into the area, I find that they were very unorganised as we were told that there were a range of tasks that would be arranged for us over the experience period. However those involved with creating these plans failed and it was left to working members of staff to give us experience in talking to customers and typing reports because they felt pity for us.

In the end we gained valuable experience but I doubt any of us will be returning again for Work experience at Interserve.
Team work
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paddington StationApril 10, 2017
I remembered there was an oil paint spillage in the work area(main concourse)and I as a supervisor noticed it ,and it was the rush hour time ,I arranged my staffs to get the barriers ,close the area ,get it cleaned without disturbing the customers keeping in mind the health and safety my staff and that too of the customers .
I did not realised it that I was been noticed by a NWR Station shift manager ,he praised me for the hard work which we did ,he commented on my good work and I was shocked to receive the certificate award from Interserve for my good work.
management and hr are only in it for interserve not staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West YorkshireApril 10, 2017
Started fine turned into living nightmare
Management and hr two faced
No training just get on with it
I have never met so many members of so called management who will pass the blame and stands you in the back at any opportunity
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Disgusting hr and management
Somebody (Former Employee) –  Enfield Lock, EssexApril 7, 2017
Original Initial Transport worker's
Office disgusting.
Workers lazy.
Management lazy.
Do not work at College hill.
Horrible people.
Racist and un professional.
Pros
Nothing to gain.
Cons
Drugs and alcohol rife and brushed under the carpet for management's friends
good
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Merthyr TydfilApril 7, 2017
was a nice start into the job market taught me basic skills that i use even today no real Interserve traces its origins to 1884, when the London and Tilbury Lighterage Company Limited (LTLD) was formed to transfer goods by sailing barge to and from ships on the River Thames, London, England.[4] A lighterage is the fee paid for the use of a Lighter,[5] a large, open, flat bottomed barge, that could transport goods a short distance in shallow waters.[6] At the time London was the busiest port in the world.[7] Lightering provided a service much in demand in the overcrowded river because of the need to transship goods from ships berthed
Excellent organisation with the right culture
Director of Community Solutions (Former Employee) –  LondonApril 4, 2017
An organisation that took on the new justice outsourcing work with real commitment and innovation and offered a genuinely new approach to service delivery
Pros
Good team
Cons
Long hours away from home
fun workplace
station cleaner (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith StationMarch 28, 2017
keeping station tidy, empty bins. deal with any sudden spills. using correct warning signs. adhering to london undergrounds health and safety regulations.
Pros
uniform supplied. weekly payment.
Cons
long hours and can be difficult moving to stations further away from home address at short notice.
secure workplace that allows progression through the company.
logistics administrator (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich, West MidlandsMarch 22, 2017
Fantastic company to work for, cant offer you enough ways to progress and a very secure place to work. The management are always happy to help and the staff are friendly and always willing to help if needed.
Great people
Receptionist/Administrator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Watford, HertfordshireMarch 21, 2017
The site I worked on and the people there were great. The job was straight forward and interesting- I leant a lot. It was an apprenticeship and I didn't get to finish this unfortunately.
Pros
Company parties, salary and great bosses
Cons
Bad apprenticeship manager
Cleaner
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Malvern, WorcestershireMarch 21, 2017
My job is to clean toilet areas, wipe down surfaces, sweep and mop the floors up and downstairs in the store. I have learned how to what liquids to use on different things like mopping is the green bottle surfaces, walls, tables are blue and toilet areas are to do in red
produactive
Assistant Supervisor in Westfield Shopping Centre (Former Employee) –  Shepherds Bush, Greater LondonMarch 18, 2017
I like the job is good experience. The only think I didn't like was the night shift.Was looks very long and tired.If the job will be Day time will be much better.
Pros
nice job
Cons
nigth shift
Was Not For Me.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, DevonMarch 16, 2017
A typical day in work was ok you were on your own for most of it we all have our own areas to work in. it was basic cleaning really hoovering, dusting, changing bins, mopping floors, sweeping, cache mopping etc.
the most enjoyable part was when work colleagues got to socialise on the job i got on with a few members of staff it was nice to help each other as a team once in a while the cons were the issues with pay it was never correct and everyone higher up didnt have a clue in payroll what we were on about blaming it on each other nothing really got resolved while i was there but i hope they sort that issue for everyone as i believe the group i was in was not the only ones.
i found the management to be tricky but once they finally got what you were trying to say they could be helpful.
i cant really comment on much else i had a ok time working for this company we had some brilliant times.
Pros
good for if you like working alone
Cons
Pay
Insight into the working world
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 15, 2017
My time spent working at Paragon Management, which has now been acquired by Interserve, over the summer of 2011 gave me an insight into the professional world and what was required and could be expected of working in a managerial environment.
Boring and cant advance
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  WorthingMarch 14, 2017
the shifts are long yet only weekend work, very repetitive and slow paced, also you are working on your own so can be very boring. :P
Pros
take your break when you like and reasonable pay
Cons
long hours and very slow paced
Nice place to work.
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater LondonMarch 14, 2017
A pleasant atmosphere with friendly people. Contracted to Sainsbury's supermarket chain. Working 20 hours per week under supervision. Working with a friendly group as a team of around 10 individuals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9