Interserve Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London22 November 2016
Although I only worked there for two weeks I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and left with a good opinion of Interserve as a company, and working life as a whole.

In regards to my ratings I did not get paid or had to worry and contemplate my job security so I gave them 3/5 stars as I don't really have much of an opinion on the matter.
good
Plumbers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Slough21 November 2016
All in all I would recommend steering well clear of this place its the worst place to work they are so tight on breaks and moan if they see you go to the toilet
Excellent company values
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Midlands13 November 2016
Interserve has company values that most respectable people would consider as an organisation to work for. The disappointing thing is that they fail on all points to live up to the standards they set. Some of the management team have no real skills to manage people. They are racist bullies that use micro-management and autocractic styles of leadership, to demoralise staff. Your stress levels will soar including unmanageable workloads. Staff are treated poorly and if you are lucky enough to be liked you are encouraged to follow this similar type of bully behaviour, in order to keep your job and be on the right side of management. Not a good organisation to work for.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
I could write a book
Busy and Fast Paced.
FM Compliance Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich11 November 2016
I enjoyed my time at Interserve. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. It was a busy, fast paced environment, with plenty of work to be done. I learned a lot from this role, and gained new experiences, which I believe will serve me well with future employability prospects.
Pros
Varied Work Load
Cons
Long Hours
Easy to may your job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London8 November 2016
They make it easy for the employee to perform his or her job as they allow them to work on their own possibilities without pushing to give beyond what their bodies allow each one, they provide the appropriate tools for the performance of work, thus facilitating the work
Don't bother
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bradford31 October 2016
Really bad company to work for, based at retail company in Bd4 cleaning, staff never turned in for work also company constantly expect you to work more hours as well as cover holidays, no relief cleaners! So if staff are sick you are left to do all the work alone. Management shocking
Pros
Non
Cons
Interserve as a whole
Excellent Company, Great Values
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands28 October 2016
Great company to work for, although senior management needs to get out more and be seen.
Regional level management seen all the time anything above that only seen when they are told to get out out and complete director audits.
Left to run contract, which is great and get full support from Regional teams.
Health and safety top of agenda which is great,however the QSHE team are NEVER seen on site?
Would recommend anyone to work with this company.
Pros
Allowed to make decisions regarding the running of my site
Cons
Senior Management not seen
Challenging working environment
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London28 October 2016
Challenging working environment.
High standards.
Providing equipment.
Comprehensive training program.
these are part of the daily working environment. It is challenging to work in offices occupied by the client but it is an interesting challenge to find creative ways to achieve the standards in this environment.
Pros
Challenging working environment
Cons
Client working during our night working times.
i enjoy working there
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Fakenham24 October 2016
I like doing my job, I have got a core skills certificate , I have worked with Different co-workers and the have been all good to work with. I also know how to use a srubber dryer.
Dreadful
Office staff (Current Employee) –  England20 October 2016
I work for this company and there's no morale. Nobody gets on. A blind eye is turned to bullying, Management are rarely seen. No support, pay is dreadful. No bonuses or incentives, like other companies I've worked for. The only good thing is they let you get on with your job.
Pros
Let you get on with your work, no micromanaging.
Cons
No morale, bullying is swept under the carpet, not what you know but who you know, pay is dreadful, no team bonding events, no bonuses or incentives, no praise.
Great place to work at
HR & Admin internship (Former Employee) –  Fujairah. Uae9 October 2016
You learn new things everyday and its a friendly place to be at. Employees help you and managers listen to you. You get to speak your mind and come up with creative methods for the work.
was fun
janitor cleaner (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire8 October 2016
For the size of the company I felt as a employee as a retail janitor for 2.5 years their attitude was very complacent towards their workforce.Support and equipment was none existent and it seems that this company likes to rule over employees with the fear factor and interserve seem more interested in getting their line managers to promote disapline more that support and health and safty.Also they don't care how unprofessional their team leaders are so long as there's someone to run the ship.I would not recommend any cleaner to work for this company.Also after leaving to join another company interserve failed to pay holiday pay that was still owing to me.Not bad considering I never had one day off work.
Pros
Cons
every worse case you can think of.
supervisors lazy
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Poole Alderney hospital5 October 2016
supervisors sit in the office drinking coffee and going out for many paid breaks and they take the 15min break too, and leave early as well but get paid till the end of their shift, the managers don't even see this. The girls that are workers are fun tho. But the workers are made 2 do everything.
Pros
The girls that work there
Cons
Supervisors
too many chiefs
Guest Host (Current Employee) –  Birmingham4 October 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with guests offering them advice and support with a smile, the hardest part has to be standing up all day.
Interserve are a great company to work for with good benefits and pay, there are plenty of opportunities within the organisation.
Pros
Good pay and a fun management team
Cons
Employee structure
good place too work
cleaner (Former Employee) –  bbc media city29 September 2016
enjoy working as part of a team too get all tasks completed my co workers were always there too assist if you were behind with your work and the management were friendly and good too work with
Executive Management
Head of PMO (Former Employee) –  West Midlands28 September 2016
Churn of Executives needed top down to drive change and professional culture across all organisations within Interserve. Implementation of People Management workstream and Management training overdue.
no conection with managment
Hygiene Operative (Current Employee) –  North West25 September 2016
I work alone most of the time and find it hard to get the managers to come to my site unless they are coming to complain,
I have asked for further training ( first aid CSCS card ) but have been refused even though others are allowed to go on courses.
other colleagues that travel around to work are also not supervised so go on 2 or 3 our lunch breaks and add hours to there travel time ( which they get paid for )
I am on my feet for the whole of 8 hour my shift.
I get on well with the staff in the business that I work in ( not interserve staff0
have to work bank holidays for no extra pay or time off and because of 6am start the buses don't run that early so I have to get a taxi in so it cost me 5 hours pay to just come to work
Pros
can not think of ANY
Cons
no allowance for bank hoilday very poor comunication no gratitued
Large company
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bradford20 September 2016
It is a very large company. I worked at Toller Lane poluce station for 6 years before getting prostrate cancer and leaving after treatment.I would now like to get back into cleaning.work similar to my previous job.My colleagues were fun to work with and we worked well together.
Pros
15 hr week
Cons
Early start
There are too much pressior
Cleaning Operative full time (Current Employee) –  Earl's Court Station20 September 2016
I have worked night shift from 11 to 7
.The station is too big and we were few people
My collage are very helpful and pleasant people but the supervisees ate not kind they put pressure on us there are problems with an hours and payment sometimes
Hard at times.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Coleraine15 September 2016
A typical day would be I start by cleaning the main floor as I had a time slot before the shop opened, once that is complete I would do the staff room and office. You would get a wee bit sweaty but I suppose that's a part of the fun.
Pros
Short hours, Branch.
Cons
Early mornings.

2.9