Interserve Employee Reviews

Good job
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee), Tameside, ENGFebruary 1, 2016
Happy working as a cleaner looking for evening work at monment I empty bins, dust,hovver and sweep and get on with the staff that I work around
It used to be a fun workplace.
Cleaning Operative (permanent) - Full Time (Current Employee), Birmingham, ENGJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Got to go home.
Cons: Hours went very slowly.
Typical day at work was waiting to start, being told what jobs we was on and helping customers. I learned nothing in this job. There was no training at all. The management was completely useless. Co workers were backstabbers. Hardest part about the job was working with my colleagues. The enjoyable part of the job was finishing.
Nice working environment
Data Base company as a technical cleaner (Former Employee), Welwyn Garden CityJanuary 12, 2016
Nice working hours.
Ongoing training in all aspect.including First Aid,Fire warden
Well managed
No problems working in a my team
Always aim to achieve
Enjoy when I achieve
Great!!
General Maintinence (Current Employee), Birmingham new street stationJanuary 11, 2016
I really enjoyed myself in my short time at Interserve it was a secure job with great people and really well run. i left there because i was relocating to scotland for family reasons.
Nice open office where communication between colleagues is easier.
HR Assistant (Compliance) (Current Employee), BirminghamJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: Fantastic colleagues
Cons: Salary
Nice open office where communication between colleagues is easier. Colleagues are extremely friendly and helpful, and seem willing to go outside of the box to help with queries.
clean all the tills area and the toilets carefully to the details and report that to the manager.
cleaner (Former Employee), LondonJanuary 4, 2016
The work was not difficult from the conceptual point of view it was necessary to observe all the rules regarding the use of machinery and chemicals
Worst place I have worked
Cleaning operative (Former Employee), Birkenhead, ENGJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: Long hours poor management
This was the worst company I have ever worked for, the management was disgusting in their attitude toward workers there is no option to opt out of overtime it just gets expected of you and they would not give any time off unless it suited them also the Birkenhead management would make employees work 10+ hour shifts within 10 hours of each other I would advise anybody to stay away from this company
Good Company.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), CoventryJanuary 4, 2016
Pros...

Good Company to work for when I worked there .

FM team where very good to work with.

Cons..

Not much progression.

Lack of training offered.
Cleaner for wolverhampton shops
cleaner (Former Employee), WolverhamptonDecember 19, 2015
Pros: Rubbish
Cons: Rubbish
Very bad company interservre do not pay your hours correctly and sack .
You wen yoy ask for money owing worked for two years with interserve never had correct pay with all the cover work I did for them...Never keep staff you have to work a month in hand...So no wages for 7weeks living nitemare managers are full off promises.....Dont keep to there words please be careful with this company bad practises. I worked hard for no pay....I left in 2014 things havent changed they still after staff as they never never pay you.....Need reporting this company interserve you should be ashamed of abusing people fianically.......
always enjoying team work and learning new things all time
person in charge (Current Employee), London, ENGDecember 8, 2015
day to day experience and creating good team work atmosphere at work place.and very interested working with interserve company proudly.
terrible company
security guard (Former Employee), TelfordDecember 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
do not care about you, just a employee number, worked 60 hours a week and never even met my line manager cos he was scared to face real staff!!
ok
Cleaning Technician (Current Employee), Welwyn Garden City, ENGDecember 6, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: boring
same thing everyday, not really a challenge, sometimes it get slightly boring as some worker there are not very entertaining or fun at all.
Brilliant job, perfect for earning a bit of cash
Cleaner at B&Q (Former Employee), BedfordNovember 19, 2015
Everyday duties included:
-Changing bins, sweeping and mopping floors, wiping desks in offices and toilet cleaning.
-Friendly staff, relaxed environment, was able to work with others and had individual responsibilities of my own.
-All co-workers got on very well and was a great atmosphere to work in.
-Helped me gain responsibilities and a sense of Independence.
Overall Good
Health Care Support Worker (Current Employee), Brighton, ENGNovember 13, 2015
Difficult at times to get enough hours. Varied client group with interesting conditions. Good staff training structure. Generally a good level of experienced staff that want to be there and are professional.
Good job let down by bad management
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee), ScotlandNovember 13, 2015
Pros: I loved the my job when i started but not know bad management
Cons: The bosses just try and bully you and the pay is not good
Work for the company for seven years it was good when I started but not so good me know it like something out of school the management is officially bad and just want to bully there staff they don't have any idea how to manage staff bad company to work for
stressfull.
clesner (Former Employee), NottinghamshireNovember 7, 2015
Pros: when on holiday
Cons: the whole job
Worked in a retail store, cleaning in the mornings, some retail staff treated me badly, the manager was non supportive which caused alot of depression issues and I then terminated my contract through this. (July 2015) One week later I was phoned asking if i could cover a few days as they had no one to work , 3 months later the company still believe I work for them and still havent sent me my legal paperwork.(p.45 tax office are now being notified.)
Worse job I have ever had, and would never work for this company again, I still get news letters and pension scheme letters through my door. (Parents home address)
Holiday notification processes was shoddy from the year and half i was there my authorised holidays I had to pester my manager and the day before my holiday was due I would find if I could take it or not.

data protection: after moving home and going through the correct procedure instantly to change my address after 7 months of being in my new property my wage slips still went to my old address including all my personal details. The address changing forms yellow in colour was filled in while being with my line manager and taken away. Where did all my personal details go??

as you can see there has been alot gone off I could go on forever.

But this ISNT TO SHAM interserve, as a whole im sure they are actually some genuine nice people just not in the line I was working in.
(Nottingham)

I Do not recommend.
Good temporary job.
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee), Basingstoke, ENGNovember 6, 2015
Pros: Set days and hours, Nice co-workers and Management support.
Cons: Early starts. Start time is 5 am.
Nice co-workers but didn't see often.
Set hours. More practical.
Only hours available was early morning. Made travelling to work difficult.
challenging but rewarding
Repairs supervising assistant (Former Employee), StratfordNovember 5, 2015
Pros: Discounts "Interserve Perks"
Cons: Short Lunch Break
It was challenging in all areas such as independent and team work because quickly and effectively we had to resolve any service failures and aim to solve and avoid any reoccurring issues.

Due to commitment from manager contributions and other on board teams we were able to identify our areas of strengths and weaknesses as a team. From this, we were able to collaborate a strong and friendly working environment which resulted in better outcomes for our customers.
Hardworking, reliable, trustworthy and confident
Cleaner (Current Employee), Bradford, ENGNovember 4, 2015
Love to work as part of a great team and can also work independently. I am keen to develop new skills. I have a wealth of experience in cleaning and retail employments.
Not a fun place to work
Health & Social Care Assessor (Former Employee), HomebasedOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Good benefits.
Cons: Not enough time to complete what is expected.
I felt there was an elament of bullying taking place (this is only my opinion).
The support I had in previouse companies was just not there.