Interserve Employee Reviews

Ready for a change of career
Scaffolder (Current Employee) –  EdinburghMarch 15, 2016
A day at Interserve is as busy environment where we build safe platforms for other trades. I feel that working with this company has allowed me to grow as an individual and feel confident when working alone, but also strive when working in a team.
The physical side of the job is extremely tough as there is a lot of manual labour. This can be exhausting but I have enjoyed pushing myself. Due to the extensive health and safety polices, I felt at ease and knew my safety was in good hands with the knowledgable team I worked with.
Company management is strong but at times I feel they should be more concerned at the job in hand and their staff rather than focusing on the financial side.
Worst place I have worked
Cleaning operative (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, ENGJanuary 4, 2016
This was the worst company I have ever worked for, the management was disgusting in their attitude toward workers there is no option to opt out of overtime it just gets expected of you and they would not give any time off unless it suited them also the Birkenhead management would make employees work 10+ hour shifts within 10 hours of each other I would advise anybody to stay away from this company
Pros
Cons
Long hours poor management
Terrible management
Various Roles (Current Employee) –  CheshireMarch 3, 2016
After working in two different sectors of the company I can say without doubt the management see staff as expendable scum if you do not bow and grovel when they approach you are out the pay is terrible P.P.E is given only when they want you to look like this is a professional company and if things go wrong on a site they never look at the management for the site it is far easier to blame the staff the people who actually do the work and make the company money not just sit in front of a computer all day checking facebook there are good people you will get to work with but expect nothing from the management but dirty looks thinly veiled insults and a knife in the back if anything goes wrong I could talk about the hr and pay department for this company but I would be here for weeks all together a joke of a company.
Pros
good teammates
Cons
terrible management, hr and payroll
Awful company.
Hr Admin (Former Employee) –  West BromwichJuly 10, 2016
The only good thing I can say about this company is they do give you the entry opportunity to get into HR however that's where it ends.

- if you're fixed term prepare to be continually extended on a monthly then a weekly basis.
- Pay is abysmal, you'd get more doing a cleaning job
- Management have no people skills, bully and backstab.
- Team leaders as above and lack team management skills
- very much an us and them atmosphere
- management have favourites - if they do not talk to you/ demean your efforts, you won't progress.
- other staff ignore you/ segregated culture

It's a shame as there are many career development opportunities and opportunities to progress compared to other places. However you are better off looking at external opportunities as the pay will most definitely be better and they will definitely be more encouraging of your abilities.
demanding
catalyst (Former Employee) –  ImminghamMarch 10, 2016
oil industry is demanding place but fun when you work with a group of lads and have a laugh but interserve on phillips 66 isnt too good theres no job secruity and the relevant paper work is always missing things such as wage slips or p45 are not sent so your always over paying on tax the money isnt great but can earn a fair wage if you put the hours in
Pros
na
rubbish
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  LondonJuly 18, 2016
I currently work for this shameful bullying company they expect you to take all the flack while they collect all the money pay u peanuts the national minimum wage while they collect 4 times that much they don't support you and when things go wrong it's your fault even they they don't supply the proper supplies to contractors and you can't clean properly then they don't pay u properly and the management could not run a montessori school and u only get 20 days holiday a year but when u request holidays they refuse them because they can't get cover or ur asked to organise ur own cover and trust me u don't want to go sick or the ask for medical records even for the flu and expect u still to work even when ur ill
Pros
Cons
interserve cleaning or better know as interswerve
Not a good work enviroment.
Porter / Handyman (Former Employee) –  Leeds and various sitesFebruary 3, 2016
Work started 9.00am do rounds of the offiices I was based at.
Make notes of things that needed doing ie change lighting if needed, escort contractors around site if they did not have clearance, (counter terrorist clearance ). Management was over seen by line manager. Co-workers were a good group.
The hardest part of the job was the protarcol at the UK Boarder Agency. The most enjoyable was when I ws on the road to attend different jobs.
Pros
Work on own inititive
Cons
To much political interferance
Poor management
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  West MidlandsJuly 11, 2016
I previously worked for the company, but wouldn't recommend to anyone, the working environment is dreadful, no one ever seems to progress in their role, the managers are a bunch of bullies, operatives work hard whist managers fill their working days with leisurely activities, senior management see none of it, it's like working in a classroom without a teacher. Inflicted stress day to day by the few stupid employees who do as they please without any consideration for the rest of us who are expected to earn our wages, the division had lost a lot of People in recent times, it's a pity, the work, pay and most people are great.
Pros
Wages, type of work, some good workers
Cons
Progression, lack of new working practices, spiteful managers
It used to be a fun workplace.
Cleaning Operative (permanent) - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENGJanuary 20, 2016
Typical day at work was waiting to start, being told what jobs we was on and helping customers. I learned nothing in this job. There was no training at all. The management was completely useless. Co workers were backstabbers. Hardest part about the job was working with my colleagues. The enjoyable part of the job was finishing.
Pros
Got to go home.
Cons
Hours went very slowly.
Reasonable work place
Assistant hopitality (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 16, 2016
Working for interserve was a very demanding job , very busy and the day went by very well and time passed by so quickly . I learned how to manage staff and be aware of health , safety and caring for other people.I got on very well with all the co-workers .The hardest and the best part of the job was when i was serving 500 to 700 cutomers at funtions and that was dealing with doctors , chairmans and directors by myself because i enjoy a challenge .My high light of the job was , i very much enjoyed meeting the prince of wales on the opening day of Mcmillan Cancer Centre in which i served the prince of wales tea .
Pros
My wages at the end of the month
Cons
short of staff
busy work enviroment
cook (Current Employee) –  DavidstowMarch 29, 2016
learned a few things which has helped me grow as a person, always different each day and feel that always new challenges to explore
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
No payment over 6th months till today
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  HuddersfieldMay 11, 2016
My wife had been early cleaning job at boots,huddersfield town centre over 3 months with this company August to October 2015, She hasn't got a single penny for her wages. A very bad company. They are obviously want to enploy people without paid. We have been trying to get my wages by the citizen advise beauro for several times and inform to their administration. But they just make a file not payment, it is so horrible.
Pros
working hours is alright
Cons
No payment
Great for experience. Horrible Organisation & Management.
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  West BromwichApril 5, 2015
I was grateful to Interserve for giving me the chance to progress into HR with no prior experience. However I couldn't dream of being a long serving employee.

Management are very distant and treat you like nothing. They easily walk past you for weeks without a greeting.

They are not supportive of career development, many times they have refused employees the option to readjust hours for studying purposes.

You are treated like children, spoken down to and unappreciated.

Very unorganised. No great prospects of career development.

Pay is very low. It would be a great financial risk to settle for this position when other employers pay a minimum of 5.5k more than interserve's starting salary for this position.
Pros
On site parking. Near a town centre.
Cons
Pay and Management
Nice open office where communication between colleagues is easier.
HR Assistant (Compliance) (Current Employee) –  BirminghamJanuary 9, 2016
Nice open office where communication between colleagues is easier. Colleagues are extremely friendly and helpful, and seem willing to go outside of the box to help with queries.
Pros
Fantastic colleagues
Cons
Salary
Overall, good.
Branch Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fylde CoastFebruary 15, 2016
The job mostly consists of admin/clerical work. The staff are on zero hour contracts creating many difficulties.

Co-workers are great. Management are okay.
Enjoyable but hard work
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  MidlandsApril 27, 2016
My day at work starts with a phone call to all engineers to make sure they aare all ok, and go into any problems from day before.
I have learned to do things right first time and keep incontact with the client.
As i do the management i find this enjoyable and fullfilling.
All my staff repect me and support me.
The hardest part of my job is learning to switch off.
The most enjoyable part of my job is going to work, meeting the clients
Pros
Company car
Hr
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  West BromwichJune 5, 2016
I appreciate Interseve for giving me the opportunity to enter HR with no previous experience however - management were bullies, young managers that have no management/people skills. It was not - "what you know" but more so about "who you know".

I see jobs for Interseve advertised and I will not be applying - would rather claim job seekers allowance!!!
Cons
Bad managers - not a nice working environment at all and the pay is shocking!!!
bad place to work
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCTOctober 14, 2015
absolute nightmare staff are backstabbers hate to see you get more than them the manager sits on a computer all day dos-not bother with staff wages are never right always under paid night shift supervisor runs the show instead of the manager its a bad place to work that's why a handed my notice in you work in the freezing cold without Therm o clothes on u get 30-mins break threw out your shift but was told we should get another 15-mins but manager kept that from staff as he wanted the work done easiest job ti do but it makes it the hardest once people start picking on yourself
Pros
trainstation
Cons
salary
over worked and under valued. High expectations
Health and Social care trainer/assessor (Former Employee) –  East MidlandsFebruary 12, 2016
Working for Interserve Learning and Employment is very full on, it takes over your life if you let it. There is very little time for your family and they will not stop you from working 60+ hours a week.
There is little or no support with things and there does appear to be managers managing managers!!!
The company also does not offer a lot in the way of progression, if you are happy remaining as an over worked, under paid trainer/assessor then this is the place to work.
Pros
Flexible to an extent
Cons
Under valued and no equality
Bad Bad Place to Work do not listen
Trainer Assessor (Former Employee) –  SheffieldMay 18, 2016
Worked for this employer and they have not listened to me throughout the time I was there
Persistent and continued bullying, disregard would and where they discuss confidential issues so that anyone can over hear at anytime
Work life balance also nil
Reconsider if you are thinking of applying go to an alternative provider as quickly as possible
Pros
Friends
Cons
Bullying

2.9