Interserve

Interserve Employer Reviews

challenging
cleaner (Former Employee), whitley bayFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: over times
Cons: failing the cleanliness audit report
working at Interserve creates the culture of working with the company instead of working for the company. it is such a good motivational drive.
nice company to work for
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee), Winchester, ENGFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: worked with another person who i new, people were friendly and near to where i live in winchester
i done a 30 hour month ie: 15 hours per week (3hours a day). at a medical centre which i worked there for two years until the people moved to another buliding but another cleaning company was going to clean there which was a bit diappointing as we got on with the people who worked there.
Productive workplace
Operator (Former Employee), Port Talbot, WLSFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: dangerous
General maintenance on a day to day basis.
Typical day at work, good relaxed environment in a potentially very dangerous workplace.
Its okay to work at
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee), Ammanford, WLSFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: the store isn't far from my house.
Cons: not enough pay. not enough hours
A typical day is Cleaning the store within the hours required. I have learned about keeping up to dates with my delivery of stock and what chemicals you use for certain places. My management changes without me knowing sometimes. I get a long with my bosses but i get along more with the people who work in Argos in Ammanford. The hardest part of my job is cleaning with not enough cleaning products. What i enjoy the most is chatting with the staff in Argos, they are friendly people and make me feel welcomed.
good fun work place
Cleaner (Former Employee), tower londonFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: too much glases for wash
cleaning in offices,toilets,kitchens,and pass the hoova

i have learned there how to clean all the offices,kitchen and tables properly included office desks
Intresting and fun
Plater (Former Employee), RuncornJanuary 31, 2015
You always had a task at hand.
That standards of fabrication from abroad are not as good then from here. if you buy cheap you get cheap.
The lads on the job where 1st class.
The hardest part of the job was moving from 1 level to another, no lift.
The people I worked with.
Relaxed working schedule
QSHE Advisor (Scotland and Ireland) (Current Employee), Glasgow, SCTJanuary 28, 2015
QSHE Advisors are able to manage their own diaries and maximise their work/life balance.
There can be a healthy exchange of views and opinions between the advisors.
Family run business, fabulous to work for
Area Manager (Former Employee), 28000January 25, 2015
Pros: fun to be at work
Learnt a lot whilst working with this Company. Lots of support whilst learning.
absolutely terrible
cleaner (Former Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGJanuary 23, 2015
Cons: not getting paid what you are owed
If i was able to give no stars I would. The company is an absolute disgrace. I worked there for 2 months in 2014 i had to leave due to not getting paid it is now 2015 and i am still having to fight to get my wages. They have given no valid reasons and they often ignore my calls and messages. I have to contact them every month regarding my wages and every time im passed from person to person as no one seems to know what they are talking about. DO NOT work for this company unless you are willing to work for free!!!
Labourer (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 21, 2015
Keep clean all construction areas to avoid hazards and ensure a safe work environment,
Inspect work sites to measure dimensions, lay out work, and estimate materials for each job.
Trained in: carpentry, painting, plastering, machine servicing, and installation
Out of touch
Senior Quantity Surveyor (Current Employee), WiganJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: closed shop, poor management, small time mentality
Old style management, intimidating and unprofessional. Think they are better than they are. Deluded and arrogant. Poor payers.
Mechanical fitter
Mechanical fitter (Former Employee), Stockton on teesDecember 29, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: hours, rate of pay, management
I was employed in this position that is being advertised, management and engineers were a joke at best, real poor salary too, at the interview I was told the rate was £3p/h higher than what it actually was when I started, there must have been 10 people walk out of this job in the past year. There is also no pay for travel, we travelled as far as Berwick everyday and te shift doesn't start until you get to site, that was around 3 hours a day unpaid!
Productive and stable environment
Site Engineer (Current Employee), GlasgowDecember 21, 2014
Good Company to work for. Providing opportunities to staff to develop and further their career.
Multi-national facility management company
Administrator (Former Employee), Dolphin Shopping Centre, PooleDecember 16, 2014
Pros: training and free parking
Cons: sometimes the hours could be long and you were expected to work one saturday in 4.
I worked for Interserve for 6 years and would have to say that I enjoyed the time I was employed by them. Because they were such a large company, they had the finances to carry out any training that was required for my role as an administrator.
The variety of work, meant that every day had different tasks that had to be completed. There was only one daily task that needed to be done was the employee working hours, which were inputted on to an Exel spreadsheet and sent off to their wages department.
When I first started working for Interserve, I had no experience of health and safety and they trained me in this field. I now have IOSH Managing Safely and have gained a lot of experience working in health and safety.
I had worked with my co-workers for 6 years and made many friendships. We worked as part of a team to ensure that the Dolphin Centre was clean and tidy, ready for customers to shop every day.
Again the hardest part of the job was the health and safety audit. This was hard on all the employees as the new risk and coshh assessments needed to be signed by everyone.
This was also the most enjoyable part of the job, as when it was done it felt amazing to know that this task had been completed and ready for the audit.
great staff and a good work place
cleaner (Former Employee), liverpoolDecember 16, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: early starts
interserve are a great company to work for,the staff are good as they helped me achieve goals.
pass
industrial cleaner (Current Employee), Runcorn, ENGDecember 8, 2014
Pros: possibilitys
Cons: not good management
not been with them very long as took over from initial cleaning services so will just have to wait and see
Pleasant organization
Nursing Faculty (Former Employee), Upper Darby, PADecember 3, 2014
Pros: beautiful scenery! wonderful challenges. great students!
Cons: no pay
I taught nursing skills and theory to second year nursing students in a three year program. I taught neurovascular units, orthopedic units, and rehabilitation and mental health units. My classes always had 40 students.
Hard work but good fun
Scaffolder's Labourer (Former Employee), London, ENGNovember 28, 2014
very physically demanding but good fun with good bunch of lads
Worthwhile assignment
Commissioning Engineer (Former Employee), ENGNovember 24, 2014
Documentation surrounding the commissioning and operation of the extension to a major sewage treatment facility at Rainham in Essex, including the first maintenance matrix.
Workplace
Catering assistant, General (Former Employee), ENGNovember 18, 2014
I work in this kitchen for just over 2 years and enjoyed it.
There were 6 of us and we all worked well as a team. We all had our own tasks to do, but we would all help each other if it was needed. I started off making panni's and then moved on to making baguettes. Then I started doing all the cooking of the meals. I enjoyed all aspects of my job.
Everything was made daily and on a 3 week rota.
I used to serve the older children and most of the teachers too. Then after service again we had our own tasks to do to close down ie. washing up, some prep for next day,clearing down servery and cleaning it, cleaning the hall ready for next day.
Even started to do my NVQ lvl2.

1 2 3 4 5