Enerflex Employee Reviews

great boss and safety was priority
SENIOR PIPE FITTER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2018
good place to work. wanted to be hired but worked through temp. heard good insurance and benefits but again wasnt able to use them. would love to be a part of this company.
buisy
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJanuary 12, 2018
I was always busy and learned a lot. Everyone was helpful and went the extra step to help you out if needed. There was room to advance, and they always wanted to see you advance.
Poor culture, lying management, cut-throat tactics
Engineering Software Architect / .NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2018
You work hard (55+ hours/week) for this company and they promise the moon, yet; when sales drop they are quick to let people go!

MUST play politics, even if it negatively effects your job performance, especially if you need something that is controlled by another employee - like cloud access to finish mission critical code.

Management lies and feeds you to the curb without a word or any effort to resolve issues - they are cowards!
Pros
Could work from home on occasion
Cons
No salary increase even with exceptional ratings, poor work environment, lying management, and "God-like" employees
i can say that the company is good company
Sandblaster and Painter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 18, 2017
when i was worked in enerflix is the safest workplace.i was learned to much to my job how to become a good worker.the management is to nice me especially to my supervisor and the workplace is there is always clean and im comportableThe hardest part of my worked is to worked in the cold outside especially in the winter timeThe most enjoyable part of the job is work happy with my co worker.
Enjoy it
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2017
I enjoyed working there too bad because of work slowing down do to elections, my time was cut short and got laid-off. Its a good company to work with.
Excellent Workplace Environment
IT REGIONAL MANAGER - AMERICAS (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2017
Typical day starts at 8AM each day although start times can vary with all salaried personnel. Technology and environment are excellent and kept up to date. Excellent review and promotion procedures are in place. Great people to work with.
Amazing company to work for
Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 28, 2017
Working for Enerflex was amazing. hours were perfect and everyone i worked with was great. i was laid off which i knew everyone was sad to see me go. once things picked up again i was the first in the department i was in to get a job again. unfortunately i decided to go to school and pursue a different career. i do believe if i ever wanted a job again they would find something for me.
Not enough administrative support
HSE Regulatory Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2017
Reduction in Workforce layoff's - work loads were redistributed to employees already overloaded. When hiring came back, they primarily hired management positions and no administrative positions to support the new business goals. HR passed off onboarding to HSE including all medical and drug testing. Typical day was fast paced with little to no support from management when requested. This left the culture in the workplace moral very low.
They did allow for craft skills training (paid) and had good 401K benefits, however the health insurance had many complaints.
productive and fun workplace
Apprentice/Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 12, 2017
great team culture. friendly coworkers. Nice big indoor facility. you learn a lot here. big lunch room, change rooms. food trucks come around if you didnt bring a lunch. you learn about gas compression and generation. the process and the controls. automated systems.
Good Company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wheeler, TXOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Enerflex. I feel they invested in me as an employee and a person and included my family in functions. I had to leave due to them closing our branch and relocating us to the Texas panhandle.
Pros
Good commnication, keeping me involved
Cons
Travel

Want to know more about Enerflex?

Ask a question
Manager was inexperienced and did not care for employees welfare
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2017
Manager did not care about employees welfare. Was only concerned about bottom line and did not recognize all the efforts put in or time spent away from family to accomplish the role he did not even hire me for.
Productive work place
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 16, 2017
I enjoyed the time I spent in my apprenticeship there. The journemen were willing to teach me in the trade I was in. The foreman were great and so was the upper management.
Very good, made lots of good friends.
Industrial Painter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 10, 2017
I made many good friends there at Enerflex. The most enjoyable part is when everyone finishes the final coat and it's time to rest. The hardest part is when we're cleaning up after work.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
When the economy went down and started laying off people
good company bad managment
PIPE WELDER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2017
the manage or lead man of the area where I worked was letting his ego get to his head. just because you are in charge doesn't mean you can treat people in a bad way.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 4, 2017
Team work

Meet deadlines

Learned to Multi-tasking

Learned to operate forklift

No job security- related to oil and gas

Friendly environment

Need to learn good planning
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no job security
Don't know if this company still has offices in the US.
Sr. Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2017
This is a Canadian company, and it has merged with Toromont which is a larger Canadian company. Don't know much about the combined entity. The office in Houston, TX, which is where I worked was closed a few years ago.
Maintenance crew hates janitorial staff
Maintenance and Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2017
The maintenance crew (separate from the janitorial/cleanup crew) constantly had a bone to pick with us for being overly efficient in cleanup operations.
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment
Racist company especially at the Houston/Cyoress location
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXSeptember 10, 2017
Very poor management. They have no business or the knowledge to be in management roles. If you know more than them they get rid of you. VERY RACISTalso.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Racist management and too many more to list
Best Job I have ever had
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2017
Enerflex is an awesome company!!! I am so impressed with the management and how they treat the employees. Very organized and safe. Excellent co-workers, great pay and benefits. It was a sad day when the economy turned and many of us got laid off. however Enerflex did their best to keep their employees until it became a last resort. I would work here again in a heart beat.
Great Job
JOURNEYMAN PIPEFITTER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 6, 2017
I worked for this company for 5 years and was laid off in the last economic downturn. but they paid me for my schooling , gave me great benefits, and had a equal share rrsp program.